Current workouts; Incorporating crossfit and weights?

No Snivel Zone. PT - Pushups, Flutterkicks, Running, Roadmarching.
BadMuther
BANNED

Current workouts; Incorporating crossfit and weights?

Post by BadMuther »

Looking to start crossfit but I also want to incorporate it with a weight lifting schedule. Anybody currently doing this or have any ideas?

Jim
Silverback
Ranger

Re: Current workouts; Incorporating crossfit and weights?

Post by Silverback »

BadMuther wrote:Looking to start crossfit but I also want to incorporate it with a weight lifting schedule. Anybody currently doing this or have any ideas?

Jim
Crossfit already contains "Weight workouts". It's not the old "Chest and tri's", "Back and Bi's" kind of thing.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
BadMuther
BANNED

Re: Current workouts; Incorporating crossfit and weights?

Post by BadMuther »

Silverback wrote:
BadMuther wrote:Looking to start crossfit but I also want to incorporate it with a weight lifting schedule. Anybody currently doing this or have any ideas?

Jim
Crossfit already contains "Weight workouts". It's not the old "Chest and tri's", "Back and Bi's" kind of thing.
I understand that. I'm looking to do crossfit stuff 2-3 days a week and weightlift 2-3 days a week and I know a few dudes on here have done a hybrid system like that. Looking to pick their brains.

What was that michigan football workout that you were doing?
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

BM, Crossfit already is a hybrid of weight lifting, bodyweight exercises, running, etc.
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

The thing is...If you are executing a crossfit program to an an accceptible effort level you shouldn't have the energy nor muscle strength to conduct any supplemental exercise.

This type of training will throw your dick into the dirt and crush it.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

I don't know about the Michigan program. Traditional cross-fit focuses more on muscular endurance and traditional weightlifing more on muscular strength. Of course there are so many variations of each that they can blur together. And every form of exrcise works, but some work better for specific goals than others, i.e. sprinter vs. distance, power lifter vs. bodybuilder. I see no reason you could not alternate crossfit and weights, 3 days each per week with a day off. But you would have to carefully manage your exercise selection and splits lto allow adequate recovery for each muscle group, espceically if you are going to failure. I would not advise a full-body weightlifting day followed by a full-bodycross fit day. I would suggest going somewhat heavy for the weights (5-8 rep range sets) to focus on strength. No sense going to higher rep sets with weights since that is what crossfit traditionally uses.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

I should have clarified previously.

I was looking at doing my normal weight routine mon-wed-fri and then doing crossfit on tues-thurs-sat.

Just wondering if anyone has done a schedule like that and how it worked out for them.

Guess I'm just not quite ready to give up my weight program for a full crossfit program yet.
RRDTm3
Ranger

Post by RRDTm3 »

crossfit is a mother
A co 3/75
RRD
RIP/PRC
Ranger Instructor 4th RTB
H co LRS
WTC
MUTC
#8-91

http://www.myspace.com/forcedentryrocks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I will never out rank stupid people"

Mentor to Myself

Return to “About Army Physical Training”