Switch to Multicam

Racks, Helmets, Cold Weather Gear
GoldCoast
Ranger/Matchmaker

Re: whoooaaaa

Post by GoldCoast »

bjones1187 wrote:Let's not get caught around the axle and make this too complex. I simply wanna know what you all think about the possibility of a change. Would you favor it? Does it make sense? Do you hate the ACUs as bad as I do? I realize all is speculation right now but maybe it's right around the corner. I guess in the mean time I'll work on building my 401K. I still fucking hate the zipper though.
You're getting on my nerves.
HHC 2/75 (1998- 2000)

Duty a mountain; Death a feather.

One of these days I'll start off slow...
rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Re: whoooaaaa

Post by rgrpuck »

bjones1187 wrote:Let's not get caught around the axle and make this too complex. I simply wanna know what you all think about the possibility of a change. Would you favor it? Does it make sense? Do you hate the ACUs as bad as I do? I realize all is speculation right now but maybe it's right around the corner. I guess in the mean time I'll work on building my 401K. I still fucking hate the zipper though.
Top line (as the bottom line would make Crashkill want to bench press the ACU's off of you) do I think the ACU is crap ...no. I think the pattern is great for a built up enviornment, However I do think that the cut and the pockets are fine. Used them while deployed for over a year and had no problems at all. Would Multi cam be better? In a wood land or jungle envionment yep .....but aint fightin there right now.
Will the army change the pattern hell I dont know....how fast did the black beret go away? ....when will they replace the M-4 ? How about a kit that doesnt fucking smoke you before you get to the OBJ? How about an Uparmor that isnt so under powered that it over heats at the first moutain pass?

SO the bottom line for you would be for you worry about your PLT and the training of the American youth in it before I would worry about buying the latest in gucci kit.......cadet.
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Operation Just Cause (Dec- Jan 89)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan-aug '03)
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Jan- July "04)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan 07- Jan 08 )
Operation Enduring Freedom (Aug 09- Jan 10 )

Return to “Personal Gear”