Handgun recommendation

Rifles, Machineguns, Mortars, etc...
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

You'll get way cooler "guns" when you are in than you will ever be able to own.
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

GLOCK, GLOCK, GLOCK!

If I were you I would find a gun shop that will allow you to rent firearms. Try all different makes and calibers and see which one suites you the best. Every person is different what is best for me might not be the best for you.

As far as caliber I would go with a 9mm or .45. I am not a fan of the .40 cal. It is just personal preference.

SIG and Springfield (even thought they are ugly) also make great handguns. I wouldn't own a Beretta even if it was free.
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
NorTexJD
Embryo

Post by NorTexJD »

Roger that RangerGuru. I will do 50 for my mistake, and another 50 because its the 2nd time. Also, Thank you Ranger Bill, I have bought a bench press to get my chest built up and I'm hoping to get a decline bench for sit ups as well. I'm also considering getting a bike or treadmill to build up endurance, because what I want to work on most is getting prepped for the ruck marches. Any recommendations? Thanks again all Rangers/Vets/Soldiers
Rangerguru
Ranger

Post by Rangerguru »

You won't need to buy a bench if you can't learn to pay attention to detail. But if you continue to screw it up, you'll get all the PT you can handle.

I also agree with Tater Nuts. Beating someone down and taking their weapon is a special moment in a man's life and the aquired weapon should be cherished.
Ranger Class 3/96
25th ID 93-96
10th Motown 96-99
C Co. 4th RTB 99-04
Gubment Contractor OCONUS 07-present

Gun Safety Tip #6. When unholstering your weapon it's customary to say "Excuse me while I whip this out "
rangertough
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rangertough »

I don't give a good gaddamn what handgun you buy. If you don't practice with it, it might as well be a really inefficient club, or SCUBA weight.

I agree that you should be focusing on other stuff for your enlistment (GYM). But if you are dead set on buying a pistol test fire a few and see which one feels the best in your hands. Glock, HK (one of my favorites BECAUSE IT FITS MY HANDS), Berretta (least favorite), or COLT 1911 (what I currently carry, John Browning knew what he was doing) it wont matter for shit if you can't hit anything with it.

Shooting a pistol isn't like XBOX it takes quite a bit of practice just to become PROFICIENT much less an expert.

Tough
Rangertough
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
C CO/HHC 2/75 '93-97, Bragg '97-'99, HHC/C CO/A CO 2/75 99'-'01 RS 8-94.
myherosgal
Tadpole

Post by myherosgal »

Personal opinion from a female...

Springfield XD .40

I own one and I love it!
-Ramia-

"If you can get out of bed in the morning, suck it up! It's gonna be a good day"
RLTW375
Ranger

Post by RLTW375 »

XD 45 Compact....... Serves as the Service size(13+1rds) and the Compact grip(10+1rds).HERE
RLTW
C co 3/75 2nd Plt 9MAR01-15AUG04
Class 11-02

Me Want OBR
FIST TEAM LTR
Ranger

Post by FIST TEAM LTR »

Tater Nuts wrote:Do PT untill you get to where you can take a rusty piece of water pipe and beat a thug to death and take his TEK 9 away from him. It will have more of a sentimental value to you this way.
Tater, quit telling everyone how to upgrade. Personally I think the drug dealers had the best handguns.
1st Ranger Bn HHC 1978-81
A Company FIST Team
RGR Class 9-79
MORTARWILD
Inprocessing

Post by MORTARWILD »

Parabellum wrote:GLOCK, GLOCK, GLOCK!
GLOCK, GLOCK, GLOCK!

Return to “Weapons of War”