Life

Turning warriors into productive civilian leaders: Employment & Education, Dealing with Veteran's Administration, etc.

Moderator: Site Admin

Ranger Andy
Ranger

Life

Post by Ranger Andy »

So this morning, my wife and I head down to the Houston VA Medical Center for my quarterly psych and meds check. We get there ten minutes before my 10:30 appointment. At 11:15, my wife checks with the clerk to see what the delay is. It turns out my psychiatrist took the day off and they forgot to let us know. You've got to love the VA. But that's okay, it's all good. On the way home I got to smoke a great cigar and see lots of trains while we were on the Hardy Toll Road...
Ranger Class 6-73 & 7-73
C Company, 75th Infantry (Ranger)
The Ranger Department (City Team)

I Hope They Serve Cold Beer in Hell...
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Time for you to move out of Intro area Ranger Andy. This topic going to Post Service Issues viewforum.php?f=41

This happened to me yesterday. I drove 25+ miles to a Vet Ctr & they called my house to cancel the appt (Dr. sick) after I already left. Gas & tolls, cost me $15 for the trip for NADA.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Ranger Andy
Ranger

Post by Ranger Andy »

Did you know Gary Cupit (N/75)? I just found out that he killed himself, awhile ago, when he was going through a VA PTSD program. It's to bad, I always liked him.

Andy :cry:
Ranger Class 6-73 & 7-73

42L5V
Ranger

Post by 42L5V »

Did you get paid for your mileage, since the cancellation wasn't your fault?
MSG, U.S. Army, 1987-2007
RSClass 10-92
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

42L5V wrote:Did you get paid for your mileage, since the cancellation wasn't your fault?
The V.A. raised the deductible to er I think like $46 per month & get this (if you were asking me), the Vet Ctr does not reimburse Vets (No monies are kept there). Only at the V.A. Hospital. My V.A. Hosp is 9 miles from me & a toll bridge of $4.80* but I go to the Vet Ctr too which is located in a further district (past my V.A. Hospital) and would have to drive an additional # of miles out of my way, find parking at that districts V.A. Hospital (spending more $ & time to get there than it is worth in the long run).

*resident rate = toll is taken one way for two trips - out & in. I live on an Island.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Ranger Andy
Ranger

Post by Ranger Andy »

42L5V wrote:Did you get paid for your mileage, since the cancellation wasn't your fault?
No, I just wanted to get out the building. It's only thirty five miles to the VA and it was a beautiful day for a drive. I don't know anything about getting mileage money, but I have a feeling that for seventy miles, it's probably not worth the headache; and I only have to go there three or four times a year.

Thanks for asking!
Ranger Class 6-73 & 7-73

Return to “Post Service Issues”