Weekly Workout

No Snivel Zone. PT - Pushups, Flutterkicks, Running, Roadmarching.
Civiguy
Embryo

Weekly Workout

Post by Civiguy »

M/W/F:

4x8 Bench- 135IBS (I also do burnouts frequently)

Curls- 75IBS

Free Weight Curls: 25IBS weights

LAT Pull downs: 50IBS

Military Press: 95IBS

Pull Up Max: 12

Ab wheel: Failure (15-20)

T/Th:

4x8 Squat: 185IBS

4x8 Dead Lift: 245IBS

4x8 Calf Raises: 325IBS (machine)

Power/Hang Cleans: 135IBS

Everyday: Run 1.5-2 miles.

Height: 69"

Body Weight: 140IBS

If you guys have any tips on how to improve my workout please post them. These are the main lifts I utilize during my workouts.
Silverback
Ranger

Re: Weekly Workout

Post by Silverback »

Civiguy wrote:M/W/F:

Curls- 75IBS

T/Th:

If you guys have any tips on how to improve my workout please post them. These are the main lifts I utilize during my workouts.
Here's a hint...There are not a lot of "GUYS" on this site!
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Before I shoot from the hip, and there is plenty to shoot at, what are your goals?
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
Civiguy
Embryo

Re: Weekly Workout

Post by Civiguy »

Silverback wrote:
Civiguy wrote:M/W/F:

Curls- 75IBS

T/Th:

Here's a hint...There are not a lot of "GUYS" on this site!
Rangers, please excuse me for my stupid mistake. I will bust out 50 push-ups while you read my apology.
Civiguy
Embryo

Post by Civiguy »

Ranger Bill wrote:Before I shoot from the hip, and there is plenty to shoot at, what are your goals?
Ranger Bill,

My goal is to be able to exceed Basic Training and AIT requirements and be ready to achieve my dream of becoming one of America's Best.
EvilCouch
Ranger

Post by EvilCouch »

What's an IBS?

You mean pounds? lbs? Lima bravo sierra? Derived from the Latin libra?

Also, you give your run distance, but at what pace? You're also leaving out the number of reps and sets for most of your weight workouts.

Off-hand, I'd say you're a pretty light dude, with a mostly proportional strength, although your back seems weak. Improving your back will provide extra stability, improving your push-ups. Your bicep curls are a little light for your weight, but no nearly as obvious as your lat pulldowns. You should be close to your body weight. You're not even using enough weight to need the knee cushions.

You're about my height and about 30 pounds less than I was when I went in. Considering your light build, I hope you can run like the fucking wind. I'd suggest pushing yourself harder in all areas and paying special attention to your back and shoulders.
Clueless Joe(Sand hill): May 98 - May 99
Tabless Bitch (Bco 3/75): May 99 - May 01
REMF (11th Regt): May 01 - Feb 04
Leg Team/Squad leader (HHC 1-503, 2ID, OIF): Feb 04 - Dec 05
World's worst webcomic
Civiguy
Embryo

Post by Civiguy »

EvilCouch wrote:What's an IBS?

You mean pounds? lbs? Lima bravo sierra? Derived from the Latin libra?

Also, you give your run distance, but at what pace? You're also leaving out the number of reps and sets for most of your weight workouts.

Off-hand, I'd say you're a pretty light dude, with a mostly proportional strength, although your back seems weak. Improving your back will provide extra stability, improving your push-ups. Your bicep curls are a little light for your weight, but no nearly as obvious as your lat pulldowns. You should be close to your body weight. You're not even using enough weight to need the knee cushions.

You're about my height and about 30 pounds less than I was when I went in. Considering your light build, I hope you can run like the fucking wind. I'd suggest pushing yourself harder in all areas and paying special attention to your back and shoulders.
Ranger EvilConch,

My back is weak, I have struggled with it since I bulged a disk. My pace is around a 6 minute mile. I have a year and 10 months to prepare myself, by the time I am ready to sign, I hope to be in top shape.
rnaco
US Army Veteran

Post by rnaco »

ditch the curls and lat pulldowns. Curls are strictly cosmetic and pulldowns should not be done at all if you can do pullups. Do all manner of pullups (chinups, ropegrip, widegrip, etc). Add rows. Add pushups.
Civiguy
Embryo

Post by Civiguy »

rnaco wrote:ditch the curls and lat pulldowns. Curls are strictly cosmetic and pulldowns should not be done at all if you can do pullups. Do all manner of pullups (chinups, ropegrip, widegrip, etc). Add rows. Add pushups.
Thank you for the advice Veteran Rnaco, I will heed it and work on my pull-ups
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

rnaco wrote:ditch the curls and lat pulldowns. Curls are strictly cosmetic and pulldowns should not be done at all if you can do pullups. Do all manner of pullups (chinups, ropegrip, widegrip, etc). Add rows. Add pushups.
While I agree curls are cosmetic, I would say NOT to disregard them completely. You will build a poorly developed machine.

I also say to do BOTH Pulldowns and Pullups. Build the back that will carry that "green tick". Don't forget that lower back either. This part will suck with a bulgin disc, but if you disregard, your back will break down under the weight of the ruck.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
Civiguy
Embryo

Post by Civiguy »

hit_it wrote:
While I agree curls are cosmetic, I would say NOT to disregard them completely. You will build a poorly developed machine.

I also say to do BOTH Pulldowns and Pullups. Build the back that will carry that "green tick". Don't forget that lower back either. This part will suck with a bulgin disc, but if you disregard, your back will break down under the weight of the ruck.
Ranger Hit_It,

I will do both exercises, I ruck once a week with minimal weight(20-30lbs). I work my lower back regardless of the pain, the hurt says its working. :D
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum."
Civiguy
Embryo

Post by Civiguy »

Civiguy wrote:
hit_it wrote:

Ranger Hit_It,

I will do both exercises, I ruck once a week with minimal weight(20-30lbs). I work my lower back regardless of the pain, the hurt says its working. :D

EDIT: SFC Hit_It
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum."

Return to “About Army Physical Training”