New on the Block

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Bell

Post by Bell »

Now put another 40 lbs in that Alice Pack and run 3 miles. Then in a couple of days do a 12 mile speed march in 3 hours. I don't remember a 40 lb. ruck in Battalion. Fuckers were heeeavy.

RLTW
Bell
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Davoosie wrote:I also picked up a used ALICE and filled it with 40Pounds of sand from Home Depot. It might sound stupid, but after usingn the ALICE my uphill runs are alot easier.
D
It doesn't sound stupid at all to me. Sounds to me that you're pretty squared away. Ranger Bell isn't kidding about the ruck weight in Battalion, though. My standard non-combat ruck weighed 110 lbs.(as an AG). I tore the shoulder straps off more than once. Combat loads are much heavier. Also, if you get stuck in that Battalion that Ranger Plavney was in, you can expect to haul around 20 additional pounds of lingerie (for your Ranger Buddy). :roll:

Of course, you're doing the right thing by working up to that weight. You'll be noticing some muscle mass in your thighs pretty soon if you keep that up.

Good luck and welcome to the site.

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.

Return to “Introduction Archive”