Uniform Modifications for Combat

Racks, Helmets, Cold Weather Gear
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Didn't you post that same exact question on SOCNET???
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Davoosie:

Some/many of the people on this board also visit other boards. Also, you're kind of stupid to post a question here that you've already posted there and gotten good answers to, or visa versa. Do you think that the Rangers here, or the Rangers there don't know what they are talking about? We do/They do. While each board has a slightly different flavor and may respond to a question with a different twist, the facts you will glean from the responses will be largely the same.

So, you should go back over there and post an apology for insulting them by doubting whatever they told you. They are Rangers after all and you are not.
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Dapooosy-

I merely asked you a question. You posed a two-part question: first, the pocket question; then, the inquiry about the Molle system. I found that odd, since another individual asked the exact two-part question two days ago on another forum. It was within my authority to ask that question.

And yes, we have had this repetition crap happen several times from board to board. It becomes annoying. It occurs when some 16 year old kid thinks he's asking some high-speed question. He gets such a rush out of posting the question on a spec ops board that he posts it on as many as he can. When we see something like that occurring, we try to nip it in the bud.

Finally, since the two people who just asked you about it are the two current Administrators of this site, you just fucked up by copping an attitude and being a smart ass. All you had to do was answer the question. Good luck finding your answer...you won't get it here squaring off with the ADMINs.

RLTW
EP
Sniper

Post by Sniper »

Dam EP you live on this site.......you got the shots in before I had a chance to lock and load.

all well there will be others.
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Sniper wrote:Dam EP you live on this site.......
They told me that if I stayed in here long enough, they'd let me play with the caribou some more. :?
RLTW
EP
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

I'll be promoting him to Corporal before too long.

DaPoopsie: Take a chill pill.
Sniper

Post by Sniper »

all I ask is for some pictures of the caribou and you EP ...LOL
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Davoosie wrote:Sorry guys.
I'ts been a long day at work, and I've been trying to get my run times faster, but its been rainiing most of the week, and no safe place rto run in the rain around here.
D
Davoosie-

I understand...apology accepted. It was 102 degrees when I did my run today. I get a little pissy when it's this stinking hot. Send that rain to Texas.

You showed good judgement by correcting your tone. Thank you.

I checked the thread I was referring to at SOCNET. You were correct, I was wrong. It was not you who posted the question over there. I still think it's odd that the identical two-part question popped up within a couple days.

Here are some general bulletin board etiquette steps to follow, when becoming a new member on any site(and this is for everyone):
1)ALWAYS start off with an introduction. Everyone, including us, likes to know who they are talking to...a school kid, a DEPer, an Operator, a Cheerleader, etc.
2)Before posting comments or questions, scan the Main Index and Forums to see a)who is the ADMIN, b)who are the Moderators, c)who are the people who the site was designed for (here, they will have RANGER by their name), d)who are the frequent visitors (this can easily be found by noting the number of posts beside their name), and e)what are the rules/regs for the site.
3)Before posting a question, take a few minutes to run a SEARCH on your topic. It is very possible that your question has already been answered.

The few people who I've seen who followed these steps were received much warmer on the sites.

An example, for you young guys: Let's say there is a group of football players standing around talking plays. A stranger walks up, listens to part of the conversation and then just jumps in and says, "That play won't ever work."

He can expect the players' first question to be, "Who the fuck are you, Asswipe?"

Instead, if the stranger introduced himself, stated his passion for football and explained his knowledge/interest in that play in a mannerly, respectful way, he would be more able to critique it or comment on it without getting slammed by the middle linebacker.

It is the same here and on any site. 'Nuff said.

Now, to answer your question, Davoosie. According to a current 3rd Bat Ranger, the Regiment has flip-flopped back and forth over the topic of customized pockets. During the beginning of the Iraq Conflict, it was allowed, but after non-uniformity reared it's ugly head, they changed their mind. I was advised that the Regimental SOP was quite specific in how and where the pockets were to be applied. I can pass on the specifics, but I don't really see that you need them for anything.

The MOLLE systems have also been regularly altered, but the specs have not been as critical so far.

Welcome to the site.
RLTW
EP
Last edited by Earthpig on August 7th, 2003, 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Davoosie-

I moved your personal info to the Introduction Forum. Thanks for complying.

RLTW
EP

Return to “Personal Gear”