Pair posing as sheriff's deputies busted, police say

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
Invictus
Ranger

Post by Invictus »

The Caucasian dude in this story was the PM security guard in my building. Talked to him every day. What a freaking dumbass.
By DEANNA BOYD
dboyd@star-telegram.com

Lonnie Lee Berry III, 19, sits in a Fort Worth police car after after he and Nasr Emad Saleh, 18, were arrested on suspicion of impersonating officers.
Special to the Star-Telegram / Mike Zukerman
Lonnie Lee Berry III, 19, sits in a Fort Worth police car after after he and Nasr Emad Saleh, 18, were arrested on suspicion of impersonating officers.
Police say they arrested two teens Thursday who were dressed as police officers and used red and blue flashing lights installed in their car to pull over another vehicle. Police say they found red and blue lights taped to the interior door frames of the 1999 black Ford Taurus the men used to pull over a motorist. Lonnie Lee Berry III, 18, (left) and Nasr Emad Saleh, 19, were arrested shortly after 2 a.m. Thursday.

FORT WORTH -- Two men were arrested overnight on suspicion of impersonating officers after police say the men pulled over a motorist, all within sight of Fort Worth police officers who initially believed the traffic stop was real.

Lt. Dean Sullivan, police spokesman, said a Fort Worth officer was patrolling the 2700 block of East Lancaster Avenue shortly after 2 a.m. Thursday when he spotted what appeared to be a law enforcement vehicle -- its blue and red lights flashing -- chasing a Kia eastbound on Lancaster.

The Fort Worth officer turned around to offer assistance in the traffic stop, watching as the 1999 black Ford Taurus pulled over the motorist in the 3500 block of East Lancaster.
Full Story
BruteForce
US Army Veteran

Post by BruteForce »

Dumb-asses! Would have been bad for them had they pulled somebody over that was determined to shoot an officer! :shock:

Was it me or was the article repeated 3-4 times on the star-telegram.com site?
US Army 1986 - 1994
InfoSec/InfraGard/NetGuard (1994 - Present)
Random world and Adventures of BruteForce
Glenn, MSG Ret.
US Army Veteran - Ranger Parent

Post by Glenn, MSG Ret. »

I noticed that Saleh's name just didn't sound American!

The white dude gives us honest, hardworking, state licensed, firearms licensed Security Officers a bad name!
Former 2nd squad 3rd platoon A Co. 3/75 Dad
USNavy 1960-1966
USArmy 1980-2001
Retired MSG
roadtheshortbus
Ranger

Post by roadtheshortbus »

BruteForce wrote:Dumb-asses! Would have been bad for them had they pulled somebody over that was determined to shoot an officer! :shock:

Was it me or was the article repeated 3-4 times on the star-telegram.com site?
Yes it was repeated.....I didn't see a reason....money....drugs......chicks...WTF
RLTW

"If you can't be smart, at least be quiet til you know who's in the fucking room" - Ranger Cams

B Co. 2/75 84-86 RS 1-86
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Pair posing as sheriff's deputies busted, police say

Post by Steadfast »

Invictus wrote:The Caucasian dude in this story was the PM security guard in my building. Talked to him every day. What a freaking dumbass.
By DEANNA BOYD
dboyd@star-telegram.com

Special to the Star-Telegram / Mike Zukerman
Police say they arrested two teens Thursday who were dressed as police officers and used red and blue flashing lights installed in their car to pull over another vehicle. Police say they found red and blue lights taped to the interior door frames of the 1999 black Ford Taurus the men used to pull over a motorist. Lonnie Lee Berry III, 18, (left) and Nasr Emad Saleh, 19, were arrested shortly after 2 a.m. Thursday.

FORT WORTH -- Two men were arrested overnight on suspicion of impersonating officers after police say the men pulled over a motorist, all within sight of Fort Worth police officers who initially believed the traffic stop was real.

Lt. Dean Sullivan, police spokesman, said a Fort Worth officer was patrolling the 2700 block of East Lancaster Avenue shortly after 2 a.m. Thursday when he spotted what appeared to be a law enforcement vehicle -- its blue and red lights flashing -- chasing a Kia eastbound on Lancaster.

The Fort Worth officer turned around to offer assistance in the traffic stop, watching as the 1999 black Ford Taurus pulled over the motorist in the 3500 block of East Lancaster.
Full Story
The author is a dumb one too listing both ages different the second time from the first - duh :lol: :lol: :lol: Where the hell IS their proofreader?

FIRST: Lonnie Lee Berry III, 19, sits in a Fort Worth police car

SECOND: Lonnie Lee Berry III, 18, (left)

then the other alledged perpertrator:

FIRST: and Nasr Emad Saleh, 18, were arrested

SECOND: and Nasr Emad Saleh, 19, were arrested shortly after 2 a.m. Thursday

I hate that when I see too much. :shock: :arrow: 8)
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
lustozinha
Egg

Post by lustozinha »

I personally know lonnie and Nasr. What we found out is that Nasr lied to us. He told us his name was Miguel Sanchez and that he was 22. He told us he was a sherriff's deputy. Lonnie is one of the nicest guys I've ever met.

They even had it on the news that Nasr lied. If you go to this link and click o the video on the sidebar you can see an interiew Lonnie's mom had onFox 4 news.

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/myfox/pages/Hom ... ntentId=53
80428&version=4&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1
rgrjoe175
Tadpole

Post by rgrjoe175 »

lustozinha wrote: Lonnie is one of the nicest guys I've ever met.
You mean nicest and dumbest guys I've ever met. Correct...

Post an introduction.

JP
1/75 80-83
Class 6-81
lustozinha
Egg

Post by lustozinha »

rgrjoe175 wrote:

Post an introduction.

JP

Lonnie yes. He definately made a bad decision going that night.
But in his defense we all believed Nasr/Miguel... even Lonnie's mom believed him.
...... Nasr/Miguel no. I always thought he was creepy.
Black 6
Ranger

Post by Black 6 »

rgrjoe175 wrote:

Post an introduction.

JP
Before you post again, do as told. We like knowing who is talking. While your at it read the stickys and FAQ's
2/75 Blacksheep 92-93, 1/9 93-94
1759 society member

"You will know me by the scars I bear.
You will know me by the hate I swear."-OTEP

01010011 01110000 01100001 01110010 01110100 01100001 01101110 00101111 01001000 01100101 01110010 01101111 00101110
EvilCouch
Ranger

Post by EvilCouch »

BruteForce wrote:Dumb-asses! Would have been bad for them had they pulled somebody over that was determined to shoot an officer! :shock:
Bad for them, hilarious for everyone else.
Clueless Joe(Sand hill): May 98 - May 99
Tabless Bitch (Bco 3/75): May 99 - May 01
REMF (11th Regt): May 01 - Feb 04
Leg Team/Squad leader (HHC 1-503, 2ID, OIF): Feb 04 - Dec 05
World's worst webcomic

Return to “The News Dump”