This may be a odd request.

No Snivel Zone. PT - Pushups, Flutterkicks, Running, Roadmarching.
Want to be
US Army

Post by Want to be »

A quick PT update. I retested myself today and was surprised by the results.

Push-ups 51
Sit-ups 56
2 Mile run 14:30
5 Mile run 42:56(2 days ago)

While these are not the greatest numbers I am happy with the overall improvement, especially the run.

On a side note I have a neighbor that was in the Navy and claims to have gone through BUD/S. When I came back from MEPS he happened to be outside when I had that unistrap backpack they give you. We struck up a conversation about the military and what I was trying to do and he told me about his Navy background and showed me his display case with his medals and such. We have bumped into each other a few times since then and talked about how my PT scores are coming along. Well to day as I was checking my mail he said that I looked like I was getting in pretty good shape and asked my how the running was going. I told him that I had just done my run in 14:30. He said to keep up the work until I got it down to 11:00. I told him that 2 miles in 11 flat may be possible for a lot or people but I am not from Kenya. He laughed and said that this whole time he thought we had been discussing 1 1/2 mile times because that’s what you run in Navy boot!! No wonder he always thought my run times were beyond terrible.
Vee
Ranger

Post by Vee »

You can do it.

My times were consistently in the high 10's low 11's and I was in my thirties so you can do it.

Just keep running. Then run some more.
RSD 96-99

Return to “About Army Physical Training”