Army official: Talkington's degrees are bogus

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
Chiron
Ranger

Army official: Talkington's degrees are bogus

Post by Chiron »

Two documents that Hebron Supervisor Kenneth Talkington apparently mailed to voters of Hebron before the recent general election to try to prove he has college degrees were "so bogus it’s not funny," a U.S. Army major said Wednesday.

The two pieces of paper indicate Talkington has a "bachelors of arts" degree, though no major was specified, and a "masters in business administration" degree.

Army Maj. Nathan Banks reviewed the documents this week at the request of The Post-Star, and Banks said he had them reviewed by officials at the military base where they indicate they were issued.

…… Talkington, who did not return phone messages left at his office Wednesday and Thursday, was in the Army in the 1970s and 1980s, and has said he was an Army Ranger. …..

Full story
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
U.S. Army 1980-1984 and 1987-1990
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton
rgrking
Ranger

Post by rgrking »

What a loser.
rgrking

RS2 1995 -1996

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8
ANGRYCivilian
Tadpole

Post by ANGRYCivilian »

I can't believe that these people think that other people are going to buy their bullshit stories.
St Barbara's Bastards
82C1P

"Parole officer says I gotta upgrade, or he won't give me back my stabbin' knife!"~Roberto
Glenn, MSG Ret.
US Army Veteran - Ranger Parent

Post by Glenn, MSG Ret. »

ANGRYCivilian wrote:I can't believe that these people think that other people are going to buy their bullshit stories.
Unfortunately too many of those bullshit stories are already bought. It's gotta be laziness on the part of the person charged with checking credentials. I'll bet a month's pay that there are more posers undected than detected. Many go on for years until they're found out. Some may never be discovered. It's usually when they run for public office, write a book about their exploits or do some public bragging that some sharp person digs into their record.
Former 2nd squad 3rd platoon A Co. 3/75 Dad
USNavy 1960-1966
USArmy 1980-2001
Retired MSG

Return to “The News Dump”