L96 & L96a1

Rifles, Machineguns, Mortars, etc...
Ando

L96

Post by Ando »

Also, the L96a1 is an Accuracy International rifle, produced by a company in Portsmouth i think. They manufacture Olympic target rifles, and the AWM and AW50 which are replacing the L96. The Parker-Hale rifle was never adopted by the British Army, although some were used by various SF units. It was turned down for the Accuracy International weapons systems, although i've fired both and i'm not sure they made the right decision. The AI does LOOK better i guess, and how else can you expect some jumped up politician to make his decision on what equipment our soldiers should get? :roll:
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: L96

Post by Steadfast »

Ando wrote:Also, the L96a1 is an Accuracy International rifle, produced by a company in Portsmouth i think. They manufacture Olympic target rifles, and the AWM and AW50 which are replacing the L96. The Parker-Hale rifle was never adopted by the British Army, although some were used by various SF units. It was turned down for the Accuracy International weapons systems, although i've fired both and i'm not sure they made the right decision. The AI does LOOK better i guess, and how else can you expect some jumped up politician to make his decision on what equipment our soldiers should get? :roll:
This is a wasted post in reconnaissance, as we have Rangers' with a keen interest in Weapons. This Post shall be moved to Weapons.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Ando

Post by Ando »

Roger on the rifle post Ranger Steadfast, still learning my way around the site.

Return to “Weapons of War”