Introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Horned Toad
Ranger

Post by Horned Toad »

IraqSucks wrote:Rangers,

thank you for your understanding.

--Nate
I said you MAY

not you will

read more post less
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

IraqSucks wrote:Rangers,

thank you for your understanding.

--Nate
Nate, I wanted to let this develop a little before I weighed in. A man has only one opportunity to make a favorable initial impression. Sadly you are marginal at this station. If you truly want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right place. Over the past few years, quite a few of the young men who were members of the DEP have earned their place in one of the Ranger battalions; deployed for combat, and demonstrated the needed combat skills to survive. The rest of us are proud of what we have collectively contributed to their maturity. Likewise, I expect you to begin to earn your place here. Now, Nate, I have a few things I'd like you to do:

1. Change your screen name. Something more appropriate to your station in life.

2. Revise your signature line, same issue, and ensure correct spelling.

It appears that you have been contacted by members of the DEP, they will assist you as you make your way toward initial entry training (IET). There are few new questions asked hare. Use the search feature, read all lthe FAQs as well as selected threads and stickies. Most questions have been answered several times before; so save time and effort. Please remember, you are a guest here. Don't abuse the hospitality.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
The Old Guy
Ranger

Post by The Old Guy »

Ranger Jim, thank you for being so eloquent.

It is always a pleasure to read your postings.
The way in which a man accepts his fate and all the suffering it entails, the way in which he takes up his cross, gives him ample opportunity – even under the most difficult circumstances – to add a deeper meaning to his life.

Viktor E. Frankl
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

The Old Guy wrote:Ranger Jim, than you for being so eloquent.

Aww..I said the same thing.

He just translated.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
Nomad
Ranger

Re: hey

Post by Nomad »

I don't usually quote myself, but since you decided to blow me off ...right here:
Matador275 wrote:
IraqSucks wrote:hey thanks for your replies and well i dont think that i have been in a fight for a while now and come to think haven't been in a fight since 7th grade my god i hope i can still through a punch haha just kidding.

and im going to be a police officer after my time is up in the army i cant stand the desk jobs i would go crazy
Work on your punctuation, read the SOP's and guidelines of this board and then feel free to explain your choice of a username.
...with this:
Meatstick wrote:Rangers,

I am not the guy named chrissellning that you think i am because i am doing this from in school and all of the computers are the same and run off the same internet called NoExcuses. The guy that you are talking about must be in this school also but i do not know a Chris Sellning at all. That is the best that i can explain it because i am not Chris Sellning, sorry if you think that.
I am giving you the term of endearment "meatstick" as a new username.

This isn't highschool, we're not your buddies and no one here owes you squat.ArmyRanger.com is a place owned and operated by Rangers...for Rangers. Everyone else is a guest. You are a guest and as such it would be nice for you to display some manners here, which is referred to as "board etiquette".

If you display the right attitude and read more than you post (which you should do little of anyways) then you can learn a great deal here about what Rangering is and what it means to us. You might even get a chance to establish enough credibility here to have someone mentor you, should you still want to join the Army when the time comes.

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com!
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Kilted Heathen wrote:
The Old Guy wrote:Ranger Jim, than you for being so eloquent.

Aww..I said the same thing.

He just translated.
I admit to being a cunning linguist.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
Meatstick
Embryo

USC

Post by Meatstick »

Oh My God USC is practicing on my high school football field as I speak with you right now (even though I hate USC) its still cool that the number one team in America is on the field that i have also step foot on this is amazing.
RTO
BANNED

Re: USC

Post by RTO »

Meatstick wrote:Oh My God USC is practicing on my high school football field as I speak with you right now (even though I hate USC) its still cool that the number one team in America is on the field that i have also step foot on this is amazing.
Bravo57 wrote:Slow down; Take a breath, read more and stop posting for a little bit.

I'll reserve my welcome until you show us that you have a little self-discipline and can follow our simple, yet effective rules.
Glenn, MSG Ret.
US Army Veteran - Ranger Parent

Post by Glenn, MSG Ret. »

I hope you're just as awed after you enlist in the Army. You'll be trodding on the same ground that real heros have trod before you. :!:
Former 2nd squad 3rd platoon A Co. 3/75 Dad
USNavy 1960-1966
USArmy 1980-2001
Retired MSG
Nomad
Ranger

Re: USC

Post by Nomad »

Meatstick wrote:Oh My God USC is practicing on my high school football field as I speak with you right now (even though I hate USC) its still cool that the number one team in America is on the field that i have also step foot on this is amazing.
Check your PM's immediately.

Where the fuck are the DEPS?
Meatstick
Embryo

Essay

Post by Meatstick »

Rangers,

I am sorry that I have been such a DICK to you in the past couple of days. This is the final straw as I have been told, so this is my essay on Why it is Crucial that I am aware of my surroundings. It is crucial that I know my surroundings because you always have to be alert and focused while on the task giving to you. Secondly, it is important to be aware of your surroundings because you may not know when the next move is going to be or what your next move is going to be (101 words so far). I always thought that hey you know I can handle any move that comes near me, but after the past couple of days I have reliazed that I need to SHUT THE FUCK UP and pay attention more often. There is a lot of learning that I need to accomplish in order to gain your trust back. This is the last time I fuck around and I also need to be more prepared for the next move in order to be successful.
All I had to do was keep my mouth shut but no I had to keep shooting it off.
Glenn, MSG Ret.
US Army Veteran - Ranger Parent

Post by Glenn, MSG Ret. »

Now start hittin' the Search button & LEARN.
Former 2nd squad 3rd platoon A Co. 3/75 Dad
USNavy 1960-1966
USArmy 1980-2001
Retired MSG
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Essay

Post by Jim »

I am sorry that I have been such a DICK to you in the past couple of days. This is the final straw as I have been told, so this is my essay on Why it is Crucial that I am aware of my surroundings. It is crucial that I know my surroundings because you always have to be alert and focused while on the task giving to you. Secondly, it is important to be aware of your surroundings because you may not know when the next move is going to be or what your next move is going to be (101 words so far). I always thought that hey you know I can handle any move that comes near me, but after the past couple of days I have reliazed that I need to SHUT THE FUCK UP and pay attention more often. There is a lot of learning that I need to accomplish in order to gain your trust back. This is the last time I fuck around and I also need to be more prepared for the next move in order to be successful.
Well, you made it to 187 words, along with a misspelling and poor grammer. At this point, Meatstick, trust is not what we are concerned about (although, without it, a man is worthless); rather it is to try to assist you in your journey toward becoming a Ranger. You need to recognize that, generally, eight young men enlist for every one who makes it to the 75th Ranger Regiment. You will be preparing to attend the Ranger School; which since the early 1950's has graduated fewer than half the students that begin the course. The point I'm trying to get to you is that you need to learn to be more thoughtful in your life. It's an interesting lesson: people enjoy getting attention. Some achieve it by being assclowns -- and that's counterproductive. Eventually, you realize that if you are hard working and thoughtful, you will get respect (just another form of attention). Now having said this, I'd like you to succeed -- but if you fail, it is not because any of us wish you ill. It will be because you did some stupid action that will get you banned from the site. Your future is in your own hands. Never, never quit!!!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
Nomad
Ranger

Re: Essay

Post by Nomad »

You failed to follow simple instructions. Do you think that is satisfactory?

Since you fucked this one up, but at least sort of made a feeble attempt at completing the task I gave you, you will sit down again and write out a 500 word essay on why attention to detail (familiar theme?) is crucial.

Usually I would have flushed your ass without hesitation, but I must feel really charitable today. Have at it.

Your essay will be posted in this thread by tomorrow at this exact time.

I cannot stress the importance of getting it done right this time enough to you. Watch your spelling, punctuation, sentence structure and anything else that comes to mind. While it may look really cool to write in all caps and emphasizing your point with a dozen exclamation marks, it's not what I am looking for.

Clocks ticking.
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

Tick tock, tick tock.
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.

Return to “Introduction Archive”