Roadmarches in RIP

No Snivel Zone. PT - Pushups, Flutterkicks, Running, Roadmarching.
ChemLightBattery
Tadpole

Roadmarches in RIP

Post by ChemLightBattery »

i was wondering if any of the Rangers who have attended RIP could post an estimate of the weight of rucks carried on roadmarches while attending RIP. even though i do not currently have a slot to RIP i am going to train like i do, so if i get my chance i will not blow it.

train how you are going to fight.

thankyou,
chemlightbattery
deleon275
Ranger

Post by deleon275 »

I think when you go out in the field the weight of your ruck is dependant on your packing list (35 to 45lbs dry weight maybe?). I believe on the planned roadmarches around RIP they're 35 to 45 and they WILL weight your ruck after you're done. FYI, dry weigh is the weight of your ruck with no water in it, so if the cadre say 45 dry weight it better weigh 45 before you put your water in it.
"When you look at this final agreement that we came to with the White House, I got 98 percent of what I wanted. I’m pretty happy." John Boehner

''If we took away the minimum wage — if conceivably it was gone — we could potentially virtually wipe out unemployment completely because we would be able to offer jobs at whatever level.''
ChemLightBattery
Tadpole

Thankyou Rangers

Post by ChemLightBattery »

Roger that Ranger Desert Sloth and Ranger Deleon275,

ive been humping about 55 pounds 10 miles twice a week, thats just the weight of the ruck and is including a 2 quart and e-tool strapped to the sides. I also wear an LBE with the standard stuff. no kevlar though just softcap. im lucky enough to have a Ranger at home to help me with the other PT and studying things i should have memorized before i leave but he has never been through RIP and suggested i ask you guys about the weight of the rucks. i will snap some pics while im roadmarching today and post them(if i can figure it out).

Return to “About Army Physical Training”