Ultimate Fighter

Hand to Hand, Combative Skills, etc...
Nomad
Ranger

Ultimate Fighter

Post by Nomad »

Anyone here watch this show?

I just started since I have been home for a while and I love it. What a fantastic opportunity for guys to get a shot at the UFC.

I don't know if this season is over yet and I'm just watching re-runs, but I like the guys who are on right now. Seems like Joe Lauzon has his head way straight for a kid his age. Also, Corey and Emerson strike me as real winners - both very composed and down to earth. Should be a good fight tonight.
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

I must be getting a different series. I think the Matt Hughes/ Rich Franklin coaching series was awesome. In my opinion, the show has gone downhill ever since. This series takes the cake. They have a bunch of punk 'gangstas' who think they're badasses. Then they have Fluffy (whatever the guy's name was who didn't make weight), who does the rectal weightloss program. They couldn't have selected a bigger group of losers. I think they are giving MMA a bad name. But, I obviously have been bored enough to watch it...... :lol:

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Ndog275
Ranger

Post by Ndog275 »

I watched a few episodes. Even if they didn't win the whole thing, it's a neat concept for the fighters, because they get some valuable training from some good fighters and coaches.
A 1/75 93-97
B&HHC 2/75 97-99
RS 3,4&5-95

This mighty soldier on the eve of the war he waged
Told his troops of lessons learned from battles fought.
"May your heart grow bolder like an iron-clad brigade"
Said this leader to his outnumbered lot.

www.75thrra.com
www.tacticaltailor.com
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

Mat, they are about mid-season on this one.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
EvilCouch
Ranger

Post by EvilCouch »

I watched like two episodes of it. Was pretty boring to me. Way too much soap opera/reality show crap.
Clueless Joe(Sand hill): May 98 - May 99
Tabless Bitch (Bco 3/75): May 99 - May 01
REMF (11th Regt): May 01 - Feb 04
Leg Team/Squad leader (HHC 1-503, 2ID, OIF): Feb 04 - Dec 05
World's worst webcomic
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

EvilCouch wrote:I watched like two episodes of it. Was pretty boring to me. Way too much soap opera/reality show crap.
there is a lot of truth to that too...
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

EarthPig wrote:They have a bunch of punk 'gangstas' who think they're badasses. Then they have Fluffy (whatever the guy's name was who didn't make weight), who does the rectal weightloss program.
Yah, that guy gets the golden lifetime colonic membership. What a tool. He was crying the whole time....
They couldn't have selected a bigger group of losers. I think they are giving MMA a bad name.
As I stated before, I think that Joe Lauzon, Emerson and Corey all have potential. I think out of the three, Emerson or Lauzon are going to take it.

I furthermore think that BJ Penn is a good coach. He tried his best with sausage titt's and then started laughing at him. I quote:

"I didn't know if I was on jackass or the ultimate fighter".
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Matador275 wrote:
EarthPig wrote:They have a bunch of punk 'gangstas' who think they're badasses. Then they have Fluffy (whatever the guy's name was who didn't make weight), who does the rectal weightloss program.
Yah, that guy gets the golden lifetime colonic membership. What a tool. He was crying the whole time....
They couldn't have selected a bigger group of losers. I think they are giving MMA a bad name.
As I stated before, I think that Joe Lauzon, Emerson and Corey all have potential. I think out of the three, Emerson or Lauzon are going to take it.

I furthermore think that BJ Penn is a good coach. He tried his best with sausage titt's and then started laughing at him. I quote:

"I didn't know if I was on jackass or the ultimate fighter".
Yeah, I was stereotyping the whole crew. The ones I particularly didn't like were Crybaby, the skinny blonde white dude who wears his cap sideways (enormous pet peeve of mine, BTW) and speaks ebonics, and Emerson. I did change my opinion a bit on Emerson after watching him fight last night. While I liked Corey a tad bit more, I was shocked that they didn't give the win to Emerson. Corey came out fighting strong in the 1st round, but pretty much sucked ass after that. The last round, all he did was dance.

What ticks me off about the recent crew is that they trash the house at will, painting on the walls, throwing shit in the pool, etc. Just not my cup of tea. The groups that Hughes and Franklin coached seemed to have a little more general respect.

I know....I'm just from a different generation. :roll: :lol:

RLTW
EP
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

EarthPig wrote:
I know....I'm just from a different generation. :roll: :lol:
Not really. You simply have respect. Not that uncommon around our ranks, but try the same with civilians....
:roll:

And yes, Emerson should have won the rounds but he made zero attempts to take Corey down. I thought it was a weak fight altogether.

Lauzon on the other hand....straight monkey-jumped on his opponent's back and then choked him out in ten seconds. The kid is baaaaaaadasssss.

I would be very surprised if Joe Lauzon didn't win this. Hell, he knocked out Jens Pulver in less than a minute in the UFC. That's sitting heavily on Pulvers mind, you can just tell. I see a re-match coming up.
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Matador275 wrote:Lauzon on the other hand....straight monkey-jumped on his opponent's back and then choked him out in ten seconds. The kid is baaaaaaadasssss.

I would be very surprised if Joe Lauzon didn't win this. Hell, he knocked out Jens Pulver in less than a minute in the UFC. That's sitting heavily on Pulvers mind, you can just tell. I see a re-match coming up.
For some reason, that guy reminds me of Leatherneck! :lol: Yes, he is one bad mofo. You'd never know it until he gets in the ring. I hope he does win the whole thing.

RLTW
EP
Jason113
US Army Veteran

Post by Jason113 »

I stopped watching it after the first season.
11-M,B co. 3/15 Inf.
24th I.D. 90-91
Formerly the_machine
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

So I watched the final episode before the coach's fight. Pretty unimpressive to see the shitheads wrecking the house. I was surprised that Dana didn't sit them down and talk some sense into them.

I am glad to hear that BJ spanked Pulver.

Return to “Close Combat”