OSUT Completed

Basic & AIT
Gnosis
Embryo

OSUT Completed

Post by Gnosis »

Step 1 of 3 completed. Now I wait in ABN hold.

PT:

53 Pushups
66 Situps
14:20 2-mile

Nothing impressive, but I'm getting by. I was sick for the first 11 weeks of OSUT... after I finally broke down and went to sick call, I noticed my PT start to get a lot better than what it was. Go figure. I figure I should be fairly squared away (PT wise) by the end of ABN.

I had been told that I would be able to go straight to ABN from OSUT since I had a RIP contract, but I talked to a kid yesterday who has a RIP contract and has been in holdover for the last 3 weeks... so I imagine I have quite a little wait ahead of me. *shrug* If anyone with any sort of pull on Ft Benning is reading this, I want Javelin school... at least give me something to do whilst I sit in hold.

I have also heard that RIP hold is 2 months minimum... So rather than going through RIP in the hellish Georgia summer, it should be cooling down by the time I get there. I rode around with a Ranger from 3rd Bat. this weekend (friend of a friend type situation)... he said I should be fine so long as I refuse to give up. That was the plan anyway, so there you go.

Ranger Earthpig - I will be contacting you soon. Sorry for the lack of contact, I just needed to focus on what I was doing here.
"Sergeant, I plan to take the skills I learned here and use them to make Cobra Commander pay for his iniquities. AIRBORNE!"
---
Ranger Earthpig's Mentee
Rangerguru
Ranger

Post by Rangerguru »

Don't believe everything you hear, you will come to learn that in the Army. Congrats on completing OSUT. Stay focused, and PT til you think you're going to puke PT then, PT some more.
Ranger Class 3/96
25th ID 93-96
10th Motown 96-99
C Co. 4th RTB 99-04
Gubment Contractor OCONUS 07-present

Gun Safety Tip #6. When unholstering your weapon it's customary to say "Excuse me while I whip this out "
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Good SITREP. Rangerguru is right. Every class is unique. Bottom line for you: NEVER, NEVER QUIT!!!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
AbnRgr289
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by AbnRgr289 »

Gnosis wrote:I figure I should be fairly squared away (PT wise) by the end of ABN.
Jump School will do nothing at all for you physically by itself. It will only test you and your will to pass the coarse, and show you a higher standard of PT, thats all.

You'll need to do PT on your own to raise those scores. With the scores you have right now, you'll have a hard time with the RIP PT test. Don't slack off during jump or RIP hold, if you truly want to make it to the Regt, you'll kick yourself in the ass and raise your fitness level.

Congrats on OSUT.
"It's not for us to reason why, it's just for us to Do or Die!"

"S.A.F.R.A.!"

Bco 1/263rd Armor SCARNG. 11/84-7/87
Aco 3/75 Rgr Regt. 1/88-2/90 (Op-JC)
HHC 2/18 197 Inf Bde/3rd Bde 24th ID. 2/90-5/92 (Op-DS/DS)
HHC 4th RTB 5/92-12/95
Rgr class 1&2-89
EvilCouch
Ranger

Post by EvilCouch »

AbnRgr289 wrote:
Gnosis wrote:I figure I should be fairly squared away (PT wise) by the end of ABN.
Jump School will do nothing at all for you physically by itself. It will only test you and your will to pass the coarse, and show you a higher standard of PT, thats all.

You'll need to do PT on your own to raise those scores. With the scores you have right now, you'll have a hard time with the RIP PT test. Don't slack off during jump or RIP hold, if you truly want to make it to the Regt, you'll kick yourself in the ass and raise your fitness level.

Congrats on OSUT.
Yeah, Airborne won't do shit to get you in shape. You're going to have to exceed the standards to show any level of improvement in your PT.

There's a lot of down time in Airborne and you can (and SHOULD) be using it to smoke yourself.

Oh yeah. Good job on Basic.
Clueless Joe(Sand hill): May 98 - May 99
Tabless Bitch (Bco 3/75): May 99 - May 01
REMF (11th Regt): May 01 - Feb 04
Leg Team/Squad leader (HHC 1-503, 2ID, OIF): Feb 04 - Dec 05
World's worst webcomic
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

Drive on and never quit!
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
U.S. Army 1980-1984 and 1987-1990
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton

Return to “About OSUT”