Memorial Day Comment

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

On Memorial day American’s are chartered to remember and acknowledge the sacrifice made by a few. I say chartered because it is a solemn responsibility to give thanks for the men and women who gave their lives in defense of out great nation and all those that populate it.

With the War on Terror becoming a political shell game, some of the people of America have forgotten that Service members do not deploy or die by their own choice. They move and act in the spirit of the American people.

It is not by choice that service members serve thousands of miles from their families. It is not by choice that they miss birthdays and anniversaries. It is not by choice that they risk life and limb in order to apply our national will.

It has been said a thousand times that those that know the sting of battle are forever changed. Those that have died will never know their children as adults. They will never attend a college graduation for their sons and daughters. They will never see their child be married.

Of all we can do, that which is most important is that we should never forget. We should not allow our countrymen to forget. We should climb the highest tower and scream the names of those who will never be forgotten. It is with our reverent memories that we pay the highest respect for those that have passed and ensure their sacrifice will not be in vain.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Draco
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Draco »

Amen, Pastor!!
1/10th SFG(A) Bad Toelz, FRG 85-88
Co. G/143rd INF (LRRS) 89-91
Rgr Class 6-92
Jack of all trades 92-present

"Hope and pray that you'll never need me,
But rest assured I will not let you down.
I'll walk beside you but you may not see me,
The strongest among you may not wear a crown." 3DD

Return to “The Mosh Pit”