Introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

author wrote: Like all journalists, I am a particular fan of pink feather boas and gang bangs in the Castro District. Hopefully my avatar gives some indication that I love it rough.

Regards
Well clearly, you have a sense of humor we can live with! :twisted:
Welcome to the site, there's not a few of us within the commuting fan of Chicago (not me), perhaps a phonecon would save you & whoever might PM you a bunch of typing.

We're pretty sensitive about posers, so bear with us for asking for your subject to pony up the goods, or you might end up like a fellow journalist near Cleveland did who fell sucker to a vet with a rather embellished tale.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

author wrote:
As for some of the other posted questions:

1) I'm writing independently
2) The person telling the story is me, though it very much represents the views of this former Ranger
3) It is entirely non-fiction and primarily biographical
4) I don't suppose anyone will talk to me about "something I don't get" for any reason other than it might help other people understand Rangers’ service and how it has shaped one man
5) There is nothing in the world that is entirely new. My book is simply a new variation on a familiar topic/region/experience as it relates to the life of one remarkable man
6) Politics: Like all journalists, I am a particular fan of pink feather boas and gang bangs in the Castro District. Hopefully my avatar gives some indication that I love it rough.

Regards
That was me that asked those questions jackass. I aint your fishing buddy. Read some sticky's and FAQ before you post again.
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
Capellanus
Ranger

Post by Capellanus »

Author,

PM Ranger Luna the 411 on this professing Ranger so he can be verified or better yet, have him come to site and post an introduction and we will take it from there.

Don't post his name or any sensitive information on this thread.

Until we verify the person you are writing about is a "real" Ranger you won't get much assistance from us.

BTW, have you ever served? If so, with who, where?
RGR Capellanus
6th RTB (Jun 12-present)
2/75 Rgr. Bn. ( July 10-Jun 11)
1-32 IN, 3BCT, 10th MTN, DIV (07-10)
B Co. 1/75 Rgr. Bn. (92-97)
RGR Class 8-94
OEF (Aug 11-Dec 11)
OEF (Oct 10-Jan 11)
OEF IX/X (Jan 09-Jan 10)
"As Iron sharpens Iron, so one man sharpens another" (Proverbs 27:7)
author
Embryo

Post by author »

All:

Ranger Luna and I have been in communication and will be working together on the verification. However, as I have told him, it may take a week or two for some communications-related reasons. I fully understand the sensitivity about posers and will make all efforts to ensure he is represented accurately. I have known him for some time and he is a straightforward, honorable man, so we should not have any problems. The only caveat I should put out there is that I have been using the terms LRSU and Ranger interchangably, which I realize now is not how things work. (This should answer the question about whether I have served - no, unfortunately, I did not, so obviously there's plenty of protocol I'm not aware of.) He has used the term Ranger, but it has always been in the context of his LRSU team's combat service in the Gulf (he earned a bronze star). If there are any issues that arise from his technical designation as "Ranger" then those are likely an exclusive product of my misunderstanding. Just to make that clear: if he is not technically a "Ranger", then it is not that he misrepresented himself, it would be my misunderstanding - a matter I hope to clear up very shortly.

In any case, I will make sure to keep the board posted once Ranger Luna and I have completed verification. In the meantime, any feedback on my other question would be greatly appreciated.

Regards.

P.S. With regard to the Chicago connections, if I do run across other specific questions that might benefit from further discussion with Rangers/former Rangers, then I would absolutely welcome the chance to talk with locals by phone or in person. I don't want to take anyone's time just yet, so I'll wait until something of merit arises first.
Charlie 51
Ranger

Post by Charlie 51 »

So what are you willing to do if he is a poser? You mentioned that you were in contact with several large publishing houses and are working out a deal for this book. Do you have the integrity to cancel the project if he is a verified poser? How far along are you with this project? Did you think to vette this guy before you began this project or are you just another one of these liberal fucks that have selective ethics and don't really care about the truth? Maybe you're a squared away writer that will put this fucking piece of shit in his place if he is found to be a poser? Or just hand him over to us :twisted:

We are tireless and we will be watching and waiting...
C Co 2/75 Weapons
Classes 4-5/93

"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there" - Will Rogers
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

1. I posted an answer to your question on the 75th Ranger Regiment thread.

2. Being a member of a LRSU and being a Ranger are apples and oranges. The Ranger Training Brigade conducts training for individuals assigned to those units and it also conducts the Ranger course. These courses are not the same thing.

3. Many of us are very concerned about ensuring that Rangers are accurately portrayed in the media. I say again: "accurately portrayed." We are all human, but at the same time proud of our accomplishments.

4. On this site, we have a wide spectrum of "been there, done that" men. Each and every one has been vetted and certified; and I think we may be the only site that can boast that. But we also pride ourselves on helping young men prepare themselves for service in the 75th Ranger Regiment. We live in a small community of like-minded individuals and we prefer it that way.

5. Ranger Luna will be getting back to you with whatever information he has found. In the meantime, you are our guest. Please don't abuse our hospitality.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
rgrjoe175
Tadpole

Post by rgrjoe175 »

author wrote:6) Politics: Like all journalists, I am a particular fan of pink feather boas and gang bangs in the Castro District. Hopefully my avatar gives some indication that I love it rough.

Regards
Great another jackass. Do us all a favor and go suck on a Glock.
1/75 80-83
Class 6-81

Return to “Introduction Archive”