Where should I be?

No Snivel Zone. PT - Pushups, Flutterkicks, Running, Roadmarching.
someguy
Tadpole

Where should I be?

Post by someguy »

So, I've quit my job to dedicate more time to PT. I've got a little under two months before shipping. Theoretically where do I want my numbers given the current ones:

(5 days ago)

2 mile run: 13:50
5 mile run: 38:30
2 min Push ups: 56
2 min sit-ups: 90

The two mile run I can do in around 12 minutes. I did this for the first time after joining this board. I was motivated but however my body took a pounding. I don't know if I started striding too long or what but I've got knee pain to this day. I know I can't do that in training because I would get fucked 4+ days afterwards.

I've seen the numbers of some of the wannabe's turned Rangers and some of them were just off the charts for me. So my question again; what should these numbers look like and/or what did you post up before RIP.

Thanks for your time and for your service.

(I've already incorporated the training posted on here into my routine)
someguy
Tadpole

Post by someguy »

Found a post by Ranger Glock on the 45th page after a search. It took a little time but I found the answer I was looking for. There were 100 views so if any other DEP's are interested:

"71 push-ups in 2 mins, 78 sit-ups in 2 mins, and run 2 miles in 13:00 mins. If you can tear these up then you should be fine as far as the physical aspect goes. But if you go over some of the older posts you'll see that it's not only physically challenging but mentally challenging as well."

Judging from that you'd want a 300 APFT score coming in. However, there have been Rangers on this site that came in below that and met their goal. Some did no preparation and they are the true pioneers. Thank God we have a site like this to guide us, educate us, and motivate us!

Sorry for wasting bandwidth like a cunt.

Also more info in the FAQ section.

Return to “About Army Physical Training”