Few Pre-Recruitment Questions

Turning warriors into productive civilian leaders: Employment & Education, Dealing with Veteran's Administration, etc.

Moderator: Site Admin

AbnRgr289
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Few Pre-Recruitment Questions

Post by AbnRgr289 »

zraffz wrote:The Navy SEALs have a eyesight requirement, naturally you can't be worse then 20/70 vision in one eye and 20/100 vision in the other; even if fixable to 20/20 with surgery. Since the Rangers are a light-weight special force group, if my eyesight is extremely poor (I am talking way worse then 20/100 in both eyes) but it is fixable to 20/20 can I still become an Army Ranger if I have the surgery to fix my vision? (I currently use contact lenses and my eyesight is around 20/20 with them.)
- If you pass the minimum requirements for recruitment to the Rangers (I plan on exceeding them), are you gaurenteed a spot if/when you graduate from the Ranger Indoctrination Program? Also if I don't get injured and I am able to do the entire process, am I going to make it to the R.I. Program?
- Does height have any affect on becoming a Ranger, by height I mean like I am 6'3-6'4; is that too tall?
- If their is one thing to focuss on in the entire bootcamp process, what would it be? (I have been told running, although this is coming from normal Army and Navy soldiers, is it the same basic training before the Rangers go through the more advanced training?)
It is a requirement of members of this board to introduce themselves in the proper forum before posting anywhere else. Please do so and read the Board FAQ's: viewforum.php?f=16 and all the stickies and announcements at the top of each forum.

The search button on this site works very well, the answers to 99% of your questions have already been answered.

You also need to get an avatar.

::This thread is locked until you post an intro::
"It's not for us to reason why, it's just for us to Do or Die!"

"S.A.F.R.A.!"

Bco 1/263rd Armor SCARNG. 11/84-7/87
Aco 3/75 Rgr Regt. 1/88-2/90 (Op-JC)
HHC 2/18 197 Inf Bde/3rd Bde 24th ID. 2/90-5/92 (Op-DS/DS)
HHC 4th RTB 5/92-12/95
Rgr class 1&2-89

Return to “Post Service Issues”