Ranger Medics

Experiences of those who wear/wore the scroll.
BandAid Brain
Embryo

Ranger Medics

Post by BandAid Brain »

I am curious if there are any Ranger Medics out there, or other Rangers that would like to chime in, that would mind telling me a little more about being a medic in the Regiment. My questions are the typical what is it like? what training is available? etc. I am going to work my ass off to get to work in the Special Operations community as a medic, and would like to know what to expect if I am fortunate enough to make it to a Battalion. Any and all information is very welcome.
"Ubi Dubium Ibi Liberatas!" -Gunter
DEP
used to have a 91W contract
Renegotiated for 11X
Report: 08APR04
Spartan

Re: Ranger Medics

Post by Spartan »

BandAid Brain wrote: My questions are the typical what is it like? what training is available?
Ask something more specific.
Looon
Ranger

Re: Ranger Medics

Post by Looon »

BandAid Brain wrote: I am going to work my ass off to get to work in the Special Operations community as a medic, and would like to know what to expect if I am fortunate enough to make it to a Battalion.
Here we go with this "if" shit again.

There is no "if" you either do, or you don't.
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
BandAid Brain
Embryo

Post by BandAid Brain »

Sorry Ranger Luna...when I make it. I am just too afraid to sound presumptuous, and piss Rangers off in the process.
Specifically I would like to know:
What kind of assignments within the Regiment are medics assigned?
What daily life is like for a new medic in the Regiment?
Any information regarding SOCM.
Anyone's recommendations to a future medic that wants to serve in the Regiment.
Any other general or specific information I may not have asked for or know to ask.
Basically I am trying to get as much of a run-down from as many different sources and view points as possible. I will work my ass off to be the best medic possible and not to let someone die due to lack of knowledge and ability. I really want to do this and will not stop trying. I just want as much information as possible regarding life as a medic in the Regiment so I can better prepare myself, so I can do the job properly.
"Ubi Dubium Ibi Liberatas!" -Gunter
DEP
used to have a 91W contract
Renegotiated for 11X
Report: 08APR04
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

Aint that the truth
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Saltbitch

Post by Saltbitch »

Hell, I thought the only thing in those bags was Motrin and IV's. I guess they put tampons in them now, also. :lol:
rangerrich
Ranger

Doc Donovan

Post by rangerrich »

Doc Donovan, found on most any Ranger site, was our battalion surgeon for years. If you saw him during sick call, pretty much no matter what was wrong with you, he would prescribe you with motrin, lots of water and go to the Ranger gym.
c 1/75 1st platoon Nov.89-Jun 93
bulletstopper
Soldier

Post by bulletstopper »

Maybe this topic is a good place to start.

I'm an 11B assigned to a command unit and its driving me nuts (here SGT, go copy this). I'll be attending OCS this fall, hopefully for Medical Service Corps. Are there coded positions in the regiment for medic platoon leaders? It's been a dream of mine forever to go to Ranger school. Hopefully it can be more of a reality than being stuck in G-3 for all of last year in Iraq.
"Although walking is authorized, it is strongly discouraged."
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

Before you make another post, you need to post an intro in the introductions area.
B Co 3/75
1989-1990

Return to “75th Ranger Regiment Public Forum”