To Be An Army Ranger -- by Russ Bryant

Experiences of those who wear/wore the scroll.
Carboned114
Tadpole

Post by Carboned114 »

I finally got it awile back. I can say that it had me hooked and that i finished it the second day I had it(yet i still find myself reading certain parts and checkin' out the photos). I would strongly recommend this book to anyone who is interested in becoming a Ranger. Like everyone else said, its well worth the money and its full of amazing photos. You can get it at http://secure.milspecgroup.com/cgi-bin/ ... s/308.html
Freed Y
Tadpole

Post by Freed Y »

I just ordered this book from a website a couple days ago, should be coming in the mail any day.
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

If you ordered it through the Ranger Quartermaster, we're pretty caught up right now and you should not have to wait too long.
Freed Y
Tadpole

Post by Freed Y »

I actually don't know who exactly I ordered it from. I went on Amazon.com and got it from a private seller, not amazon. But my order update said it was shipped on the 15th.
CJB
Embryo

Post by CJB »

I received my book a few weeks ago...just went and bought it at that time. Amazing photos-the last full page photo of the book says it all-my personal favorite by far. The very reason why I signed my name with a Ranger contract....

RLTW and God Bless all of them

Sept 17
11x Option 40
Freed Y
Tadpole

Post by Freed Y »

I finally got mine, this thing is huge! It's awesome how there are so many pictures.
Creeping Death
Ranger

Post by Creeping Death »

The last verse verse of the first stanza of the Ranger Creed ends with OF MY RANGER REGIMENT for the REAL RANGERS (i.e., assigned to the 75th Ranger Regiment).

While in Ranger School, the last verse is OF THE RANGERS, because there are a lot of students of Ranger School who have never and will never see the inside of a Ranger barracks.

This is not to make Ranger School sound unimportant. Quite the contrary. But it tends to burn my ass when I hear of other units (82nd, 101st, etc.) refer to their Ranger Qualified personell as Rangers. They ain't. They've just been to Ranger School. Rangers don't consider you a Ranger until you do time in Bat, i.e. wear the scroll on your shoulder.

There is an old saying - "The Tab is just a school. The scroll is a way of life."
A Co 1/75 '94-'97
Class 5-96
RafterMan
Tadpole

Post by RafterMan »

Sounds like a good read. I'll be sure to pick one up.
Looon
Ranger

PICTURES FOR PUBLISHING (batt rangers reply)

Post by Looon »

I HAVE SOME PICTURES FROM MY TIME IN BATT. DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO GET THE PICTURES AND A STORY PUBLISHED WITHOUT VIOLATING "OPSEC"?
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
11b4v
Ranger

Post by 11b4v »

Creeping death

Russ was in B Co, broke his back on a jump, not his knee.

Russ is a genuine person who was liked by all in the Company; we were all sick at the news that day.

I also must say I admired how well his wife kept it together that day as well. Lot of respect for her as well.
B. Co. 1/75 86-90, class 14-87

Return to “75th Ranger Regiment Public Forum”