Shamrock VS Ortiz

Hand to Hand, Combative Skills, etc...
Ndog275
Ranger

Shamrock VS Ortiz

Post by Ndog275 »

Rumor of a third match :roll: Shamrock was good in his day, now he's just old. Guess he'll get a fat ass pay check for losing again :lol:

http://www.lockflow.com/article_view.php?id=1604
A 1/75 93-97
B&HHC 2/75 97-99
RS 3,4&5-95

This mighty soldier on the eve of the war he waged
Told his troops of lessons learned from battles fought.
"May your heart grow bolder like an iron-clad brigade"
Said this leader to his outnumbered lot.

www.75thrra.com
www.tacticaltailor.com
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

I recall when Ken Shamrock fought him the first time, Ortiz talked a bunch of shit during the pre-fight hoopla and totally disrespected the man who was and is responsible for creating the respectability of what the UFC is today. Though Ortiz whupped him Shamrock was way past his prime.

But I will say this........ Ken Shamrock during his prime would have kicked Peter Ortiz's ass plain and simple, I was hopin that he would avenge his lost in the second bout but he was even older. If they do fight a 3rd time I will again be rootin for him.

But I took pleasure in watching the ICE MAN fuck his bitch ass up.
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
EvilCouch
Ranger

Post by EvilCouch »

I never thought that Ken Shamrock was that great. Don't get me wrong, he can kick the shit out of me and he's no lightweight in the UFC. But Ortiz has had a much more impressive fighting record and seems to be training harder. Not to mention Tito has that giant monoloid skull that seems to be able to take unlimited abuse.

Now, if his brother, Frank Shamrock was still in the UFC, that'd be a fight I'd like to see.
Clueless Joe(Sand hill): May 98 - May 99
Tabless Bitch (Bco 3/75): May 99 - May 01
REMF (11th Regt): May 01 - Feb 04
Leg Team/Squad leader (HHC 1-503, 2ID, OIF): Feb 04 - Dec 05
World's worst webcomic
Ndog275
Ranger

Post by Ndog275 »

Apparently they're fighting on 10 OCT.

http://www.lockflow.com/article_view.php?id=1612
A 1/75 93-97
B&HHC 2/75 97-99
RS 3,4&5-95

This mighty soldier on the eve of the war he waged
Told his troops of lessons learned from battles fought.
"May your heart grow bolder like an iron-clad brigade"
Said this leader to his outnumbered lot.

www.75thrra.com
www.tacticaltailor.com
23LRS
US Army Veteran

Post by 23LRS »

Bugsy wrote:I recall when Ken Shamrock fought him the first time, Ortiz talked a bunch of shit during the pre-fight hoopla and totally disrespected the man who was and is responsible for creating the respectability of what the UFC is today. Though Ortiz whupped him Shamrock was way past his prime.

But I will say this........ Ken Shamrock during his prime would have kicked Peter Ortiz's ass plain and simple, I was hopin that he would avenge his lost in the second bout but he was even older. If they do fight a 3rd time I will again be rootin for him.

Is Peter Ortiz related to Tito?
Riamh Nar dhruid O sbairn lan
(Never Retreat From The Clash of Spears)

9ID LRS 90-91
I CORPS LRS 91-93
A CO. 1/509 PIR 93-97
75TH RRA member

Praise be to the LORD my Rock,
who trains my hands for war,
my fingers for battle.
Psalm 144:1
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

23LRS wrote:
Bugsy wrote:I recall when Ken Shamrock fought him the first time, Ortiz talked a bunch of shit during the pre-fight hoopla and totally disrespected the man who was and is responsible for creating the respectability of what the UFC is today. Though Ortiz whupped him Shamrock was way past his prime.

Peter, Tito, whatever... them bleach blonde mexicans all look the same to me :lol:
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
23LRS
US Army Veteran

Post by 23LRS »

Bugsy wrote:
23LRS wrote:

Peter, Tito, whatever... them bleach blonde mexicans all look the same to me :lol:
DAMN! You made me spit my beer all over the desk!! :lol: :lol:

9ID LRS 90-91
I CORPS LRS 91-93
A CO. 1/509 PIR 93-97
75TH RRA member

my fingers for battle.
CrashKILL
Ranger

Post by CrashKILL »

Ken Shamrock has always been overrated. His only wins worth mention were against Bas "El Nosprawlo" Rutten in Pancrase, quite before Bas even knew what the fuck a sprawl WAS. Since then, it's been a steady diet of early UFC competition (one boxing glove for the motherfucking win), a submission loss to Royce, a snoozefest "draw" with Royce, a bit of a drubbing by a far passed his prime Frye and a steady diet of ass whippings from legitimate fightesr (with a Kimo "fight" in the middle). I'm sorry, but I'm not impressed.

Hopefully this time Tito can kill Ken, so that I'll never have to watch him talk shit about fighters ten times as skilled as he is.

"I'm going to beat you into a living death." Yeah, Ken, that about sums it up.
“It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge. War endures. As well ask men what they think of stone. War was always here. Before man was, war waited for him. The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner. That is the way it was and will be. That way and not some other way.”

2/75 99-03
Class 8-00
23LRS
US Army Veteran

Post by 23LRS »

I agree, Ken is still 90 percent WWF. Bas Rutten is to me, one of the greatest MMA fighters ever. Ortiz is up there too. I also like Matt Huges, he is nowhere on there level (yet) but that dude can fight!

9ID LRS 90-91
I CORPS LRS 91-93
A CO. 1/509 PIR 93-97
75TH RRA member

my fingers for battle.
23LRS
US Army Veteran

Post by 23LRS »

I agree, Ken is still 90 percent WWF. Bas Rutten is to me, one of the greatest MMA fighters ever. Ortiz is up there too. I also like Matt Huges, he is nowhere on there level (yet) but that dude can fight!

9ID LRS 90-91
I CORPS LRS 91-93
A CO. 1/509 PIR 93-97
75TH RRA member

my fingers for battle.
CrashKILL
Ranger

Post by CrashKILL »

23LRS wrote:I agree, Ken is still 90 percent WWF. Bas Rutten is to me, one of the greatest MMA fighters ever. Ortiz is up there too. I also like Matt Huges, he is nowhere on there level (yet) but that dude can fight!
I actually think that Matt Hughes is a much better fighter than Ortiz. Tito is maybe a fringe top five guy in the light heavyweight division. Matt? Shit. Matt is damn near unbeatable in his division. GSP might give him a run, and BJ Penn, but neither is going to be the favorite going into a fight with him.

I can think of several that I'd put as favorites over Tito in a fight.

Bas is good stuff, but I think (depending on the weight class he chose to fight in) he'd struggle with strong wrestlers. He's quite good on his feet and has an underrated ground game. He's also got a lot of personality, and it makes it extremely difficult to NOT like him.
“It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge. War endures. As well ask men what they think of stone. War was always here. Before man was, war waited for him. The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner. That is the way it was and will be. That way and not some other way.”

2/75 99-03
Class 8-00

Return to “Close Combat”