Wolfman in Airborne hold

Ground Week, Tower Week, Jump Week.
chkray
Ranger

Post by chkray »

Having retired in Hawaii in 1997, I can tell you that, as far as regular Light Infantry is concerned, you could do a lot worse than the 25th ID. I was a First Sergeant in 1/21 (Gimlets), and a lot of my boys were former Batt. boys. I also made sure that any of my young studs who wanted to go to Ranger School, got a slot, and went.

So I think that it'll be a good experience for you - just work hard, excel at your job, and I have no doubt that a position in one of the Battalions will open up for you in the future.

Sua Sponte
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

C co. 1/75, '78 - '81
Ranger Class 2-79
FRD, '81-'82
C co. 4/9 Inf. (Abn.) '82 - '84
HHC and C. co. 3/75, '84 - '87
4th RTB, '88 - '91
1SG in B co. 1/21 (Gimlets), 25th ID, '91 - '96
G3(Air) NCOIC, 25th ID '96 - '97
Honor Grad, School of Brightness, 6-96
Retired in '97
Jesture
Embryo

Post by Jesture »

Wolfman, we must have been in hold together. I asked around if there were any other Italy guys but nobody seemed to know. I heard about everyone switching to Hawaii, not really sure why they didnt tell me about it. Did you start Airborne last week? Im in Aco. Anyway good luck with Hawaii.
A lowly depper...
blackwidow7
Embryo

Hawaii eh?

Post by blackwidow7 »

I just came from there. Things are changing, tansformation and all. If you are disciplined you will do well. If you are not, you'll wake up on a bench in Wikkiki with a ma'hu. Lesson: Get to Hawaii. Get in 3rd BDE and go to the desert to deffend the flag. We lost a lot of great men there, so you have some huge boots to fill. RIP Todd Newness(ACO 1-21) & and John Amos (CCO 1-21/25th ID).....End of lesson.
Goog
Ranger

Post by Goog »

Disinfertention wrote:
hit_it wrote:dumbass.

you should have told them RTB.

I MEAN THEY GAVE YOU A FUCKING CHOICE!!!!!!!!!

enjoy legland, fucknuts.
They treat privates like shit over there in my opinion. I mean... you spend your days in the shadow of Ranger school with an airborne tab on your PC... negitive. I'd rather see the man get with a real unit and do some 11b hooah shit then ever wish that upon him... or anyone else for that matter.
Before you make opinions on other units outside the REGT, I suggest you spend some time in some (not really but_)...... The grass in not always greener on the other side of the fence for a reason. Do not judge until you have been there, experieced it, and came back.
90-94 A co 3/75 RGR Regt (2plt/HQ/Wpns)
94-97 75th RGR Regt (Pre-RGR)
Graduated Ranger Class 2-92 "Merrills Marauder"
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Not taking 11b's

Post by Steadfast »

11bulletstopper wrote:I am an 11Bravo and volunteered for RIP about the same time as wolfman. I recieved orders to report after airborne. As did about 5 of my friends from basic. The liasion said that 11b's got to pretty much choose wich Bat. we could go to.
If you intend to go to RIP, it would behoove you to pay attention to detail. You were not in the same time as Wolfman - he was in a year before you! This is his post. I included the time he made his post with his name:
Wolfman(Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 7:49 pm Post subject: Wolfman in Airborne hold) wrote:I graduated OSUT on Feb18. All my friends with 18X contracts (70% of my company was 18X) went straight into jump school while I had to spend a week in abn hold on Sand Hill. While on sand hill I was still considered an IET soldier, so I could not leave or do anything off sand hill. Now I am in hold for two weeks at airborne school. Hold sucks, but at least I can leave on nights and weekends. I'm no longer going to Italy. They told me it was way over capacity, and gave me the option of any duty station in the world. Except the 75th. They said the 75th is at 125% capacity for 11B in E-1 through E-4. The Ranger liason at airborne is also refusing to take 11B's, so I am now going to Hawaii. I have to sign off now, because the library is closing.
PAY ATTENTION TO DETAIL 11bulletstopper
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4

Return to “About Airborne School”