Self administered APFT

No Snivel Zone. PT - Pushups, Flutterkicks, Running, Roadmarching.
Disturbance
Embryo

Self administered APFT

Post by Disturbance »

I just gave myself the APFT at my gym today, I got the test from this link

http://www.adtdl.army.mil/cgi-bin/a.../21-20/Ch14.htm

http://www.usarec.army.mil/hq/sfas/prepare.html

Now this test I havent tried before, and at the gym I am usually just doing weights till about 2 weeks ago. I drank all last week, and somehow my lower back has a pinched nerve or something. I did this test to see where I stand and what I need to work on so that by the time I am at MEPS doing it I will max it.

Overall I scored 273

P/U : 80 100pts
S/U : 70 86pts
2mi : 14.20 87pts

It was kinda hard cause I was solo and there was hardly anyone in the gym (I feed off people's energy -specially if a hottie is watchin). Still had butterflies doing it though - which I guess just shows how serious I was takin it. I maximized my time and used the rest position to keep blasting off reps till I fell over.

I wanna start doing it every other week till I max it and some.
MrWesson22
Soldier

Post by MrWesson22 »

Just remember your 80 push ups is most likely not a Drill Sergeant's 80 push ups. Keep knocking em out. If you can, find someone who is in the Army now to watch and grade you while you do it. I wasn't going anywhere near low enough when I shipped. There were reps on my final PT test where my chest hit the ground and I was told I didn't go low enough. Just something to think about.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

certiorari wrote:Looks like your first link doesnt work.
yeah certiorari, you are correct, his 1st link doesn't work. 2nd 1 is ok.

Good work certiorari. :D
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

I gave myself a self administered apft on the toilet, just this morning. :twisted:
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
Disturbance
Embryo

Post by Disturbance »

I dont know why the first link doesnt work, it was just a link to the test staight out of the manual thats all.

As to doing the pushups properly I know what your saying Wesson, I was in front of a mirror and like to think I did'em right. I guess I wont know till I am there, just the way it goes.
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

I've just got one thing to say:

Looon
Ranger

Re: Self administered APFT

Post by Looon »

Disturbance wrote:I just gave myself the APFT at my gym today, I got the test from this link

http://www.adtdl.army.mil/cgi-bin/a.../21-20/Ch14.htm

http://www.usarec.army.mil/hq/sfas/prepare.html

Now this test I havent tried before, and at the gym I am usually just doing weights till about 2 weeks ago. I drank all last week, and somehow my lower back has a pinched nerve or something. I did this test to see where I stand and what I need to work on so that by the time I am at MEPS doing it I will max it.

Overall I scored 273

P/U : 80 100pts
S/U : 70 86pts
2mi : 14.20 87pts

It was kinda hard cause I was solo and there was hardly anyone in the gym (I feed off people's energy -specially if a hottie is watchin). Still had butterflies doing it though - which I guess just shows how serious I was takin it. I maximized my time and used the rest position to keep blasting off reps till I fell over.

I wanna start doing it every other week till I max it and some.
You still need some work on the run time.
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Disturbance
Embryo

Post by Disturbance »

RGR Luna,

My thoughts exactly. Past few weeks, I've eased up on the weight training and have mainly just focused on my running.
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

You should shoot for an 11+ run time.
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Well I erased all info of 1st link down to mil and got this opening page with the following:
General Dennis J. Reimer Digital Library Users:
We are in the process of transitioning to a new website. Please check out the Army's new on-line training system and library at http://www.train.army.mil. Publications maintenance will be suspended on this site as of 12 November 2003. All updated and new publications will be posted to the new site.

To get the most from this site you need an account from Army Knowledge Online. Go to http://www.us.army.mil for details on obtaining a new account. For existing AKO users, simply use your AKO username/password at our new site.

More Information
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
BRanger91
Ranger

Post by BRanger91 »

Slef administered are never accurate aside from the run if you know you have a 2 mile measured course. If they were then you could just do your own. Find someone to be highly critical of you. Recruiter, friend or a parent always works great. This will give you a more honest assesment of your level but you really do need to work that run time. I thought I was doing great unitl I got to Batt and went for the first run with my squad and thought I was gonna die. Most squad leaders that I dealt with had this approach: 'Only run for PT...I have all day to make you do push-ups and flutter kicks'
C co 3/75 91-93 'The Rock'
OIF 04-05

Return to “About Army Physical Training”