Celleuitis (sp?)

Caring for the warriors: How medics contribute to mission accomplishment.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Celleuitis (sp?)

Post by Steadfast »

In the last 6 months I had fallen twice and injured my right knee the 1st time and my left lower shin the 2nd time. I receive only nasty scrapes or so I thought. I had many of these type of injuries as a youngster. I throughly cleansed the wounds, applied peroxide and got results of bubbling and burning both times. I applied triple antibiotic salve, store bought both times and they both mushroomed into celleuitis (sp?). the first fall, scraping and banging my knee, after 7 days my leg turned beet red and swelled to three times its size. I was required to seek professional attention at my local hospital emergency room. I was admitted for 4 days while fed intravenous antibiotic solutions every 6 hours and then sent home with a 14 days supply of antibiotic pills of great strength. That was Sept 2003. Earlier this month I took another spill in my park and under the leaves was a wrought iron fence pole that tore about 6 layers of skin off my lower shin. Again I treated myself and again my leg got beet red. I didn't wait for the swelling to begin as I got that last time and went to local hospital for treatment after 5 days of self administered Rx. I didn't want to go the the doctor as I was afraid to be laughed at. Now it happened again and hospital kept me in three days administering antibiotics intravenously and releasing me with prescription for 14 days of taking strong dose antibiotics orally.

My question is why do I keep getting celleuitis from simple scrapes? I had many of these scrapes as a youngster and nothing ever developed then as it does for me today. Is it because there is more pollution around because of our factory and automobile spouting fumes in the air? Or is it because the germs are much stronger now compared to when I was a kid?
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Yes, thank you Doc that helps. I do have some circulatary problems with my lower legs. Steadily over the years my legs have darkened in color, akin to filling in the pixels. In other words Mike Jackson is turning white and my legs are turning brown. OMG :shock:
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4

Return to “Medical Issues”