Introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

SAVAGE^
Infantryman

Post by SAVAGE^ »

Dear Rangers,
I am sorry for how I have wronged you. That was an inexcusable accident by addressing you in the wrong context. I did change my avatar just as Ranger/Admin Silverback deleted it from my options. I did go to read on the recruiter problem and I couldn't find any information on how I was being lied to. I will be going down to the station to figure out what’s going on. Ranger KW Driver, I did 3 different searches on flutterkicks and didn't find any information on them. Am I just dumb or is this a term that is used for something else? Sorry if I have wronged anyone in my past posts.

SAVAGE^
AbnRgr289
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by AbnRgr289 »

Joseph PrettyDeepWater wrote:Welcome Savage.

PM inbound.

~Joseph
Read this PM SAVAGE^!

I'll bet it will help you out in the short run.
"It's not for us to reason why, it's just for us to Do or Die!"

"S.A.F.R.A.!"

Bco 1/263rd Armor SCARNG. 11/84-7/87
Aco 3/75 Rgr Regt. 1/88-2/90 (Op-JC)
HHC 2/18 197 Inf Bde/3rd Bde 24th ID. 2/90-5/92 (Op-DS/DS)
HHC 4th RTB 5/92-12/95
Rgr class 1&2-89
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

SAVAGE^ wrote:I did go to read on the recruiter problem and I couldn't find any information on how I was being lied to.
SAVAGE^ wrote:when I graduate I will continue with Airborne, RANGER school, Sniper school, some leadership programs and any other schools that will be beneficial to me and the ARMY.
Read the quote...You will not be attending "RANGER school, Sniper school, some leadership programs" after basic training. This is a LIE!
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

Flutterkicks:

91 matches for the term fluuterkicks

while laying in your back, place your hands, palm down, under your butt cheeks. lift your head off the ground, pointing your chin to your chest. raise your legs to 6" off the ground. while keeping your knees straight, point your toes away from your body. then raise and lower your legs between 6-18", like you are kicking water while swimming. It is a four count exersize, count 1 raise your left foot to 18". count 2, lower left leg, and raise your right to 18". count 3, left leg up again, count 4, right goes up. Do 50 4 count flutterkicks.

don't ever fuck up how to address us here again.

how you are being lied to:

assuming your intent is to join the National Guard/Reserves, graduate HS, then go acitve duty to a Ranger unit, go back to the recruitment section and tell me if you will be eligable to secure a Ranger contract as a member of the NG/Reserves.[/url]
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
Black 6
Ranger

Post by Black 6 »

i am rollin, damn i needed a laugh.shit.... i just .... aw fuck ill come back later....
2/75 Blacksheep 92-93, 1/9 93-94
1759 society member

"You will know me by the scars I bear.
You will know me by the hate I swear."-OTEP

01010011 01110000 01100001 01110010 01110100 01100001 01101110 00101111 01001000 01100101 01110010 01101111 00101110
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

so you spent some time here today. have you done the flutterkicks? have you got an answer about your eligability to go active with an Option 40?
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
SAVAGE^
Infantryman

Post by SAVAGE^ »

Ranger KW Driver, I have done my flutterkicks. That was a learning experience. I’m still feeling it now. Thank you, I was out of line and needed correcting.

From what I have learned here and from outside research I am eligible for the option 40 and 18X if I wanted to take that path in my profession while I was reserve.

I have a clear record except for a minor offence of curfew witch wont even come up on record. I should qualify for a security clearance.

And on the matter with my recruiter lying to me I believe I wrote that wrong. I meant that I could get Airborne school and option 40 on my contract but would have to apply for sniper school and the leadership program. Please correct me if I am wrong on this because this is the impression I have. Thank you for all you input and it is much appreciated.

Respectfully,

SAVAGE^
RRDTm3's bitch
In Airborne hold

"It Only Sucks While Your Doing It"

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

ok, I'm goin to lay some things out for you since you seemed to figure things out here. there are two of us on here that I know of that got to the Regt from the NG. I was not authorized or given an Opt. 40 when I came active.

is it your intent to go active and join the Rgr Regt? if so, go read what SFC_Hit It has to say about it. I agree with him, I lived it.

if your intent is to go 18X, good luck and have fun, I don't know or care about that process.

the real point ot all of this for me is to ensure you don't act out of ignorance. make an informed decision.

SB, thanks for the clean up, I was aiming for preview and missed. damn muscle memory.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

SAVAGE^
Infantryman

Post by SAVAGE^ »

What I plan to do is join reserve now and go through basic over the summer. Then finish my high school life and go strait to AIT for 11 Bravo after switching to active. My recruiter told me that it only takes about 20 minutes to switch to active duty. Once I finish 11B I will move on to fast roping and go to Airborne school. Then go to RIP and Ranger school. I am under the impression that I will/can have all that on my MOS contract whether in reserve or active or NG. I was once interested in 18B but that’s history. I want to be a Ranger and will be a Ranger. I will then apply for Sniper school and a leadership program. I am looking to make a lifetime career out of the ARMY. I owe our country this.

Honorably,

SAVAGE^
RRDTm3's bitch
In Airborne hold

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

you need to read some more here about what the real sequence will be. and the timeline for it. all the answers are here. you don't have a complete understanding of how things will sequence. if you do some real research here, you will.

start runnning now.

get hooked up with the DEPs. they can help you.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

SAVAGE^
Infantryman

Post by SAVAGE^ »

Ranger KW Driver, you are right once again. I have done a bit more reading and have found out that Ranger school is not accepting anyone who has a prior service record including Reserves. So does this mean I have to go NG or am I SOL and have to wait another year to join. I really don’t care about high school since I am positive that I want to be a Ranger. Another option I am thinking of is going to an accelerated school and just graduating with all my needed credits there, all this school year and finish high school. This way I could go directly to active and do all training now instead of taking a year off while being in NG for the remaining time in high school. Please help guide me in the right direction. It is my dream to be a Ranger and I could use all the help to get there. I was also wondering if I could get my PM ability permitted so I could gain access to Minor Mayhem. Thanks for all guidance.

Sincerely,

SAVAGE^
RRDTm3's bitch
In Airborne hold

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

slow down high-speed. you lack a basic understanding of the difference between going to Ranger school and/or the Ranger Regiment. The Army will still be here next year after you graduate from HS. you still have some growing up to do. take the time to do that. I'm not going to tell you what to do. it's up to you to figure out what you want to do. what that really entails, and how to get it. If you want to be a Ranger, you make it happen. everything you need is here. you won't get into MM until you are contracted. you can still learn from the DEPs.

quit rushing around like your hair's on fire and research, think, analyise, devise a plan, and exicute it.

we aren't here to tell you what to do, but we'll point you in the right direction. it's your life, you make it what you want it to be. I've given you more than anyother nug in here. you do the work, stop posting and read. I don't need a responce.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

Joseph PrettyDeepWater
Ranger

Post by Joseph PrettyDeepWater »

Savage.

You need to have an opt 40 to gain access to Minor Mayhem.

~Joseph
RIP Class 02-07
RS Class 09-07
C co. 2/75 Jan 07- Sept 07
D co 2/75 Oct 07- Aug 10
OIF/OEF
Mentored by Ranger Hoover
Mentor to stoicism
Ain't nothin to it but TO DO IT!!!
SAVAGE^
Infantryman

Post by SAVAGE^ »

Thank you DEP Joseph for that insight for Minor Mayhem. Thank you Ranger KW Driver for all your help ever since I joined this forum. I have decided to stay at my current school and finish high school there. I will use this extra time to my advantage to work on PT to prepare for the Rangers and my career in the ARMY. Thank you everyone for helping me in my quest to become a Ranger. I will be on this forum about every day to learn something new about the Rangers and their lives. I will one day be out there fighting alongside you against our enemies as an ARMY of ONE.

Sincerely,

SAVAGE^
RRDTm3's bitch
In Airborne hold

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Table of Elements Skater
Future Soldier

Post by Table of Elements Skater »

Savage, Read my PM.

Return to “Introduction Archive”