Question on definition of "Army Ranger"

Experiences of those who wear/wore the scroll.
RAL

Question on definition of "Army Ranger"

Post by RAL »

The following taken from the Bio of Congressman Geoff Davis, US Representative from KY's 4th Congressional District (as posted on his official web site) has sparked a bit of a debate. The question being - can you advertise yourself as an "Army Ranger" by virtue of having only completed Ranger School, or does it require that you additionally have served in the 75th Ranger Regiment or one of the three Ranger BN? This debate is currently ongoing at www.BluegrassReport.org. There have been two recent postings which seek to examine the Congressman’s professed military resume'. Any info or additional comments you may offer on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

From his Biography:
"Davis served as an Assault Helicopter Flight Commander in the 82nd Airborne Division, and later ran U.S. Army Aviation Operations for Peace Enforcement between Israel and Egypt. Davis is a former Army Ranger and Senior Parachutist."

The following statement of defense of the congressman posted on the blog.

"He attended U.S. Army Ranger School, probably either as a summer training event while at West Point or while assigned to the 82d Airborne Division. Oh - and feel free to tell a Ranger School graduate that he's not really a Ranger because he's never been in one of the Ranger Battalions. Just be sure your medical insurance is paid up before you do."

Thank you.
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Post by The Holmchicken »

Go post an intro. Do not post again until you've done so.
2/75 97-00

It's not that I'm lazy........it's that I don't care

75th RRA
Table of Elements Skater
Future Soldier

Post by Table of Elements Skater »

Check your PMs Assclown.
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Thread locked until I ban this assclown.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"

Return to “75th Ranger Regiment Public Forum”