Ship date secured

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
Spartan

Re: Ship date secured

Post by Spartan »

stang9183 wrote:I decided to say FIDO and take the straight 11x contract.... and a ultimately a Ranger.
Soldier Lesson #1: Disappointment.
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

Drive on. Good luck. Don't slack, even if you end up in some leg unit. Your life and the lives of your fellow soldiers could very well soon depend on it.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Good luck stang.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

Never quit. No matter what unit :x you get assigned to.
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Oh yes. Good luck. Thank you for serving.

Seriously - I just never understand why you guys who want to be a Ranger would take the 'long path' to serving in the Ranger Regiment?

Stang - I hope you can prove me wrong and somehow manage to wrangle Airborne School and RIP while in OSUT. Either way, as you go through the process of becoming a soldier and getting your first assignment, I hope you can check in and let us know how it ended up for you.
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

Yes, keep us updated on your progress.
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Good luck, Stang. Set the example for those around you.
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Bell

Post by Bell »

stang9183 wrote:
Spartan wrote:Stang - I hope you can prove me wrong and somehow manage to wrangle Airborne School and RIP while in OSUT. Either way, as you go through the process of becoming a soldier and getting your first assignment, I hope you can check in and let us know how it ended up for you.
Ranger Spartan,
That is the current plan as of right now. Hopefully something will come up at OSUT. If that doesn't work, then I'll pray that I can get Ft. Bragg, Ft. Campell, or Ft. Drum as my duty assignment. Then hopefully, in time, I'll transfer to the 75th.

I can't help but think that somehow we've failed here. My first reaction is to call ya stupid. OK it's a good reaction. So you're stupid and now trying to correct your mistake. You haven't heard a word we've said. You've wasted our time. We put out good info in here and you go and do something like this. You're a disappointment to me before ya even get on the bus. This sucks. You don't get it kid. I don't hear it in any of yer posts and rubbing shoulders with us sure as hell won't get ya there. I don't see you ever making it. It's too far down the road and awful hard to do. Harder, in fact, than enlisting with the Option 40.

Prove to me you've got something. Show me you can do anything. You obviously don't listen. I wanna hear from you one way or the other. I want updates. I wanna see what you're really made of. All I see now is a big sack of dumbass. You've got a long way to go.

RLTW
Bell
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Stang, I eneter service on 4 APR. Therfore you shall be doing training during the same weather period I did if you go south to either GA, NC, or SC. This is a good weather period. Not too cold and not too hot. If you go to jump school it will be warm but when the temperature reaches 90 degrees the red flag goes up and no one is allowed to run. So you walk very fast.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4

Return to “Recruitment Process”