hearing test

Caring for the warriors: How medics contribute to mission accomplishment.
archangel
Tadpole

hearing test

Post by archangel »

Rangers im in a tight one. We have hearing tests coming up within the next 2 weeks. I know for a fact my hearing is fucked. Ringing in ears from gun fire and my score are as follows. 2000 and below are normal. 3000-45 in right, 65 in left. 4000-65 Right, 60 left. 6000-60 right, 55 left. 8000-60 right, 50 left. These score were before i deployed. They were trying to get me medically separated from the army a week before we deployed. It took my BnCO unoffical approval for me to go. At that point i just didnt go to the appointments. Since then its likely that my hearing has only gotten worse. Problem is that i need to pass a hearing test to goto Ranger School and stay in the army. Another soldier went to get his hearing check last week and they told him the first time that he didnt pass, but then was told that the standards had changed and did pass. If anyone know what these new standards are id like to know as well. Anyone who has done a Ranger physical in the past 6 months with bad hearing Id like to hear how it went for u. If anyone has gone through this mess before, insight and advice would be great appreciated. Ranger Earth Pig. i read on an earlier post that you failed a hearing test 3 time and cheated on the 4th to pass. How did u do that? Finally, if I do get caught on the hearing test and fail what are my options? Is there a way to get a waiver of some kind from a medical board? Ill be honest with you, this has really got me worried and there is nothing i want more than to stay in the army at the very least.

Thanks for everything Rangers
4/1 ID Enbrace the suck.

"When in doubt ATTACK! Cause chaos, panic and confusion. Above all else SHOOT SOMETHING!"
DJB
Ranger

Post by DJB »

Give your ears a rest, wear ear plugs for 3-4 days prior to going in for your exam, don’t take them out until you start the exam. This will improve your scores significantly. Otherwise check out AR 40-501 standards of medical fitness, all your answers are within.
Aco1/75 Rgr 92-98, class 3/94, 300F1 5/95
Instructor Medical OBC, 99-00, 143rd LRSD (TXNG) 00-03.
Contractor Physician JBLM 2010-

Jihadists have no means by which to destroy the institutions of our society, while the Congressman does.

http://www.lifesharers.org/

Return to “Medical Issues”