Sometimes you just can't give up..

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
mh42080
Inprocessing

Sometimes you just can't give up..

Post by mh42080 »

Rangers
I made my introduction to this site way back in January talking about securing a Ranger contract. Well here we are 9 month's later, and after two unbelievably lengthy release's from R.O.T.C., the National Guard, a D.U.I. waiver, plus having to secure an Option 40 contract despite being prior service, I stand here today the proud owner of exactly that. I'm posting this mostly for all the guys reading the site who feel that it might not be worth it, or the guys who might let a roadblock get in the way. Sometimes you just got to keep fighting. I do know what this contract means and I'm taking it more seriously than I have ever taken anything in my life. I do feel lucky to have been given the oppurtunity and now it's time to execute. Unfortunately the only way to take the contract was to agree to go to OSUT again, but sometimes you've got to suck it up to get what you want. Thanks to all the Rangers on here who always said accept nothing less than what you want, and damn it feels good to look at this contract.
Towedjmpr
Paratrooper

Post by Towedjmpr »

Congrats.
"Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."

-- Dave Barry
AbnRgr289
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by AbnRgr289 »

Congrats.

Your in for the long haul now, stay focus and get prepared.
"It's not for us to reason why, it's just for us to Do or Die!"

"S.A.F.R.A.!"

Bco 1/263rd Armor SCARNG. 11/84-7/87
Aco 3/75 Rgr Regt. 1/88-2/90 (Op-JC)
HHC 2/18 197 Inf Bde/3rd Bde 24th ID. 2/90-5/92 (Op-DS/DS)
HHC 4th RTB 5/92-12/95
Rgr class 1&2-89
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

It sounds like many exceptions were made on your behalf. Don't prove them to be worthless. Go all the way with this. Good luck!
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rgrpuck »

Now dont waste it.
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Operation Just Cause (Dec- Jan 89)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan-aug '03)
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Jan- July "04)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan 07- Jan 08 )
Operation Enduring Freedom (Aug 09- Jan 10 )
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

Prior Service, huh?

What branch and How long?
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
mh42080
Inprocessing

Post by mh42080 »

SFC hit_it

Wasn't intending to sound as if I had any wealth of experience with the Army. I have three years of service with the National Guard, with my only Active Duty time being that which I spent at OSUT.
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Post by The Holmchicken »

OSUT again huh? All that National Guard and ROTC bullshit for nothing, over a couple of beers. Well, I've been given my own set of second and third chances, so don't piss this one away numbnuts.
2/75 97-00

It's not that I'm lazy........it's that I don't care

75th RRA
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

mh42080 wrote:SFC hit_it

Wasn't intending to sound as if I had any wealth of experience with the Army. I have three years of service with the National Guard, with my only Active Duty time being that which I spent at OSUT.
Then you are NOT a PS applicant. You are a DOS. Something entirely different.

And given what I've been learning this week at the Point of Sale training, you got in by the crack of your ass.

You Gaurd guy don't mix being a PS with being in the Gaurd. Unless you deployed with the Guard or had some active duty time out side Basic and AIT, you are not Prior Service.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
mh42080
Inprocessing

Post by mh42080 »

Clear SFC hit_it

Hate being jacked up and won't make that mistake again. I believe in paying for your mistakes, and I promise this slot will NOT be wasted. I ship on 13Oct05.
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

mh42080 wrote:Clear SFC hit_it

Hate being jacked up and won't make that mistake again. I believe in paying for your mistakes, and I promise this slot will NOT be wasted. I ship on 13Oct05.
Tracking.

Now mind you mind statement about you not being PS only applies to recruiting. In all other areas except REENLISTMENT, you are PS.

When you reup, it will be your first reenlistment and you'll have options available.

Hope your PT is up. I'm sweating from my 2 mile run as I type this.

If I gotta do it, you do too muffin.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
AbnRgr289
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: bitch PS my ass

Post by AbnRgr289 »

Tenn-RGR wrote:
ColumboNY wrote:NG doesn't mean shit you idiot. You are just a shitstain not PS.
Hey mother fucker SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!!!!!!!!!! And post an introduction, NOW :!: :!: :!: !!!!!!!! Dont make me continue to chase your ass around these boards!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Ditto!
"It's not for us to reason why, it's just for us to Do or Die!"

"S.A.F.R.A.!"

Bco 1/263rd Armor SCARNG. 11/84-7/87
Aco 3/75 Rgr Regt. 1/88-2/90 (Op-JC)
HHC 2/18 197 Inf Bde/3rd Bde 24th ID. 2/90-5/92 (Op-DS/DS)
HHC 4th RTB 5/92-12/95
Rgr class 1&2-89
mh42080
Inprocessing

Post by mh42080 »

Rangers,

Headed to the hotel tommorow, and then shipping on Thursday. Couldn't be anymore excited, I'm in solid shape physically and have been reading the Ranger Handbook like its going out of style, haven't been motivated harder towards anything in my life period. Will post updates when I get an oppurtunity, again thanks for the words of wisdom.

Return to “Recruitment Process”