Muscle Pull/ Strain / Tear

Caring for the warriors: How medics contribute to mission accomplishment.
RGR_Dan
Ranger

Muscle Pull/ Strain / Tear

Post by RGR_Dan »

Went running last night and really didn't stretch too well prior. While running, I felt a quick stab of pain in my left calf and the next time that foot hit the ground that was it. I felt almost like a popping sensation and I could barely walk on it. The pain is localized to mid-center of my calf just below the two muscle heads. I woke up today and its a little better but not much. I know the RICE thing but I keep reading about "degrees of strain" 1,2 and 3 with regard to the severity. I've read give it 10days and i've read give it a month. I have pulled muscles before but nothin' like this. Anyone have similar experiences?
95-98 Aco. 3/75 2nd plt Weapons Sqd
98-01Hco 121st LRS
Former LEO
Former Contractor
LEO (round 2)
ChipOnShoulder

Post by ChipOnShoulder »

Give it the Rice treatment, 10 days and stretch it out if possible. DO NOT run on it. Get some Motirn and after it begins to heal work back into running slowly. Do not hit a Megadeath running workout right off the bat.

You should stretch out first, warm up with a light run then stretch again. Then do a running work out. Never do anything when your muscles are "cold". If the pain is extremely disabling-like preventing you from doing simple day to day activities like work see a doctor.
RGR_Dan
Ranger

Post by RGR_Dan »

Thanks!
95-98 Aco. 3/75 2nd plt Weapons Sqd
98-01Hco 121st LRS
Former LEO
Former Contractor
LEO (round 2)

Return to “Medical Issues”