Looking for Information on my Grandfather

Experiences of those who wear/wore the scroll.
jtwrights
Egg

Looking for Information on my Grandfather

Post by jtwrights »

Greetings and much respect to the countless Rangers using this forum. I feel honored and humbled to be a part of it.

I am trying to locate as much information on my grandfather, an original member of Darby's Rangers, Cpl. Robert Skarie. My grandfather has had a difficult time discussing his time in the Rangers to his children, let alone his grandchidren.

If someone could point me in the direction of some resources I would greatly appreciate it. I am trying to find information on actual places he served, what he did, how long he was in specific areas, etc. Unfortunately, most of the information I have been able to find is about the generalities of the Rangers as a whole during WWII.

Thank you kindly in advance for any help.
AbnRgr289
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Looking for Information on my Grandfather

Post by AbnRgr289 »

jtwrights wrote:Greetings and much respect to the countless Rangers using this forum. I feel honored and humbled to be a part of it.

I am trying to locate as much information on my grandfather, an original member of Darby's Rangers, Cpl. Robert Skarie. My grandfather has had a difficult time discussing his time in the Rangers to his children, let alone his grandchidren.

If someone could point me in the direction of some resources I would greatly appreciate it. I am trying to find information on actual places he served, what he did, how long he was in specific areas, etc. Unfortunately, most of the information I have been able to find is about the generalities of the Rangers as a whole during WWII.

Thank you kindly in advance for any help.
"jtwrights", Please go post an Intro in the proper forum before you post again.
"It's not for us to reason why, it's just for us to Do or Die!"

"S.A.F.R.A.!"

Bco 1/263rd Armor SCARNG. 11/84-7/87
Aco 3/75 Rgr Regt. 1/88-2/90 (Op-JC)
HHC 2/18 197 Inf Bde/3rd Bde 24th ID. 2/90-5/92 (Op-DS/DS)
HHC 4th RTB 5/92-12/95
Rgr class 1&2-89

Return to “75th Ranger Regiment Public Forum”