RIP sitrep (RANGER)

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
NoahH
Ranger

RIP sitrep (RANGER)

Post by NoahH »

Hey Rangers,

I just got back from Cole Range. That shit fuckin sucked. My feet were soaked the entire time so I was suckin pretty bad the first night when we were hitting the woodline. The second night we got rained on the whole time I was so miserable I just laughed at myself. We are down to 33 of the 60 that started the class and I am looking forward to finishing this course and getting to a Batt. Best advice I could give a DEP headed out here in the near future is to hydrate as much as possible because it is hot as shit and you will be hurting. We had one guy pass out on the 12 miler with a core temp. of 109, the medics said it was a RIP record.
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

Hang and bang motherfucker!
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
Goog
Ranger

Re: RIP sitrep

Post by Goog »

NoahH wrote:Hey Rangers,

I just got back from Cole Range. That shit fuckin sucked. My feet were soaked the entire time so I was suckin pretty bad the first night when we were hitting the woodline. The second night we got rained on the whole time I was so miserable I just laughed at myself. We are down to 33 of the 60 that started the class and I am looking forward to finishing this course and getting to a Batt. Best advice I could give a DEP headed out here in the near future is to hydrate as much as possible because it is hot as shit and you will be hurting. We had one guy pass out on the 12 miler with a core temp. of 109, the medics said it was a RIP record.
You have alot to learn still. RANGERS love it when it sucks. It is no fun otherwise. You will learn to sap the energy from the week and meek and use it to your advantage.
90-94 A co 3/75 RGR Regt (2plt/HQ/Wpns)
94-97 75th RGR Regt (Pre-RGR)
Graduated Ranger Class 2-92 "Merrills Marauder"
blueskiesalways
Ranger Mom

Post by blueskiesalways »

Good job!!!!...Stay with it.
Mom - One former 1/75 Ranger warrior......One current 3/75 Ranger warrior
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

We're all pullin for ya stud. Just make sure you end up at the right place when its all said and done. Meaning.......

YOU BETTER FUCKIN MAKE IT!!!
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

bwaaahahahaaha, we'll laugh with ya noahH. Good sitrep. Drive on.

RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
289sotherhalf
Supreme Goddess of Drive On/Moderator

Post by 289sotherhalf »

Good job. Keep on keepin' on.
~Ranger Wife~

"Love your enemies...it pisses them off!"

"Be careful whose toes you step on today because they might be connected to the foot that kicks your ass tomorrow."

"Behind every damsel is a fire breathing dragon."
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

NoahH,
You didn't really think you could become a Ranger without challenges....right? RIP will not teach you how to become a Ranger.
RIP simply is a school that finds out how bad do you want to BECOME a Ranger. RIP weeds out the ones that would quit in combat. They do this by providing the stress and pressure that might simulate combat.

Remember, it is only a training enviornment. They may threaten you, but they can't kill you. But if they can make you crack under the pressure of a training environment, then you have no right leading other men in combat. Fair enough?

Your body can go A LOT further than you think it will. Your mind will usually quit a long time before your body will fail. Go deep! Somewhere inside you is a place where you can do anything at all. Did you ever see the old kick boxing movie "Blood Sport"? Based on a true story. The whole movie is stupid and gay, but the last 5 minutes of the movie the hero has gotten the shit kicked out of him and is in a real fight for his life. He could have given up, most men in his situation do. But he reaches DEEP DOWN INSIDE and finds that special place inside all of us that allows us to DO ANYTHING!!!
He won, and you can too.

Remember also that as years go by and time passes, that bad times will in your mind become good and good times will become great times. This is what happens as you get older. Trust me on this one. Many things you are going through in RIP and later on at Bn. if you make it will become your very own "No shit...there I was" stories.

Where you are now, there is nothing stopping you, except perhaps your own pre-conceived notions. Embrace the pain.

Finally, I would end with this. Winning is not normal. People who constantly win, do so by following an abnormal path. The disipline, dedication and sacrafices you are making now are incomprehensible to those standing outside looking in who may be capable of winning yet are unwilling to pay the price of admission. Want in? Then pay the price.
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Noah moments like that are the ones that make you think "Sure I'm getting shot at but it doesn't suck near as much as __________!"
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Hoover
Ranger

Post by Hoover »

Goog wrote:
NoahH wrote:Hey Rangers,

You have alot to learn still. RANGERS love it when it sucks. It is no fun otherwise. You will learn to sap the energy from the week and meek and use it to your advantage.

Like a Great Man once said "Embrace The Suck"....(A Quote by Ranger Dublo)
2/75 C Co. 81-84
Ranger Class 14-82
"Cry Havoc Let Slip The Dogs of War"
1st SPWAR Tng Bn (Abn) USAJFKSWCS 87'
RLTW !
Mentor to J.P. Deepwater
RIP Class 02-07
Ranger Class 09-07
toad
Ranger

Post by toad »

NoahH wrote:The second night we got rained on the whole time I was so miserable

You haven't seen misery yet!!!

You've only had a glimpse at it!!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Cco 3/75th 2nd plt wpns sqd 87-89
RS 8-88
deleon275
Ranger

Post by deleon275 »

toad wrote:
NoahH wrote:The second night we got rained on the whole time I was so miserable

You haven't seen misery yet!!!

You've only had a glimpse at it!!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Wait till his first platoon ex eval and/or 30 mile movement :twisted:
"When you look at this final agreement that we came to with the White House, I got 98 percent of what I wanted. I’m pretty happy." John Boehner

''If we took away the minimum wage — if conceivably it was gone — we could potentially virtually wipe out unemployment completely because we would be able to offer jobs at whatever level.''
Bell

Post by Bell »

I'm proud of ya Noah. Drive on to the objective. You can do it.

RLTW
Bell
Mom in Texas
Tadpole

Post by Mom in Texas »

Hang in there Noah! This mom is still pulling for ya'. :D
There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure. - Colin Powell
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Everytime one of your classmates quits, let his failure energize you. You're doing great! I think you're gonna make a fine Ranger. Drive on to the OBJ!
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.

Return to “Letters from School”