Worldwide

Eight weeks of smoke, training & evaluation.
just-a-mom
Egg

Worldwide

Post by just-a-mom »

Rangers,

Thanks for all of the advice you have posted on the site. It has been a great source of information. My son was in RIP Hold, passed his PT, but got cut and will not be attending RIP at this time. He was very disappointed and wants to try again the next opportunity he gets.

What are the latest staffing trends for Worldwide? He has not received his orders yet. I have read in some of the threads, Italy and Alaska. I just want to know what the latest information is.

I hope he gets the opportunity to try for RIP again. This is the most determined I have ever seen him!! Also, I am so very proud of him. The Army has changed his outlook, given him a noble purpose in life, and changed him from a typical teenager to an outstanding man. (btw I always knew the outstanding man was lurking inside him somewhere).

Thanks Rangers!
Bell

Post by Bell »

uuuh..Mom...You don't get cut if you pass the PT test. The only reason anyone leaves RIP is failure or quit. There's more to that story.

RLTW
Bell
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Currently as far as I know the trends are toward...Fort Riley, KS., Fort Knox, KY., Fort Lewis, WA.

Of course you never really know.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
just-a-mom
Egg

Post by just-a-mom »

Interesting. Maybe I have my facts wrong about passing PT. I will definitely find out.
:roll:
Blacksrt4
Tadpole

Post by Blacksrt4 »

When I was in world wide (about 2 months ago) the big trend was bragg( where I am now ) and alaska, I doubt italty because two guys i went to basic with had it in their contract and then the army did a breach of contract and said germany or bragg. but im sure these things change from time to time.
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

Blacksrt4 wrote:When I was in world wide (about 2 months ago) the big trend was bragg( where I am now ) and alaska, I doubt italty because two guys i went to basic with had it in their contract and then the army did a breach of contract and said germany or bragg. but im sure these things change from time to time.
You got your EIB?

Well done motherfucker!
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

They change constantly ma'am, he'll end up where ever the Army deems they need him (which could be anywhere). Just sit back and wait, he'll find out soon enough. In terms of passing his PT and then quickly thereafter getting dropped from RIP, I concur with my fellow Ranger Brethern, that ain't how it goes.

He either was too ashamed to tell you he didn't pass his PT test or the smoke sessions were a little too much for him to handle and he quit. The key is at this point is his hopes to become a Ranger are either over or going to be put on hold for at least a year.
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:

Return to “About RASP”