hey everyone

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

You guys have professional sports in MO?

If you worked on Helo's you would not be in an MOS that would allow you to attend Ranger School.

On the other hand, if you wanted to turn a wrench in the Army, the place to be is TF160. The way to get there is to get your HELO mech MOS, get a guarantee for Airborne in your contract, then if you don't get assigned to 160, put in a 4187 (Personnel Action Request) after a year at your assignment. You might also try and get Airborne and a guarantee of Ft. Campbell as your duty assignment, along with getting a HELO Mech MOS, which would put you on the same installation as 160th.

Make sure you get the Airborne in your contract though. That unit has been pretty active in the GWOT so you'd see plenty of action there, probably doing a lot of door gunning in addition to working on the birds. I always thought being a door gunner would be a great job.

If you want to serve as a Ranger, make sure you get an MOS that is used in the 75th Ranger Regiment. Helo MECH MOS is not one of them.
VAK
USAF Veteran

Welcome

Post by VAK »

NavyMech, these guys are fantastic to be around. They are insightful and without doubt can help you along your new career path. Maybe they'll even give you a laugh or two before you get there.

Good Luck.

usaftacp

Hey DS, I didn't know you were from my neck of the woods... How is it that KC's the same without you?
"Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
(Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe)

Mentor to those who would seek to be CAS God's

Return to “Introduction Archive”