MAB78

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
Silverback
Ranger

MAB78

Post by Silverback »

Today I took a little trip across Ft Benning to find my DEP. I hadn't heard from him in while so I was afraid. Well after calling his Mom (DEPs take note) I got all the information and went on the search for my long lost DEP. I found him in the company of some Drill Sergeants and he was fine, although he did look as if he were a little smoked. Long Story short I asked his Cadre how we was doing and they said "So So, But he's not a turd". When I asked my DEP how he was doing he said "I'm doing OK but I need to work on a few things".

Moral of the story...We will call your mother if need be and you can run but you can't hide!

It was great seeing my DEP and he's going to be fine. I hope I'll have a blue cord ceremony to attend followed by a wing pinning cremony and HOPEFULLY a Beret and Scroll ceremony.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Good read SB.

RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Good to hear he's still hanging. Thanks for the SITREP.
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Hoover
Ranger

Post by Hoover »

I say the Kids lucky to have you looking out for him S.B.
Thanks for the update.
2/75 C Co. 81-84
Ranger Class 14-82
"Cry Havoc Let Slip The Dogs of War"
1st SPWAR Tng Bn (Abn) USAJFKSWCS 87'
RLTW !
Mentor to J.P. Deepwater
RIP Class 02-07
Ranger Class 09-07
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Der Professor wrote:Ranger Silverback,

Sounds like the DEP made need some more smoking and wall-to-wall counseling to get him out of the so-so category if you want him to make it to that scroll and beret ceremony.
Here's the funny part. Think about the meanest guy you ever met...In most cases the guy everyone thinks about has buck sergeant stripes. One of his drills is a Buck Sergeant and he said "my platoon fears my smoke sessions more than anything". I said "Sergeant smoke 'em if you got 'em"
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Everett Ruess
Ranger

Post by Everett Ruess »

Great update SB. Shows your professionalism. DEPs - another point to be taken from this story - you may get smoked here for being stupid from time to time, but your mentors are commited to seeing you get that scroll and beret. Listen, learn and execute. No one is playing games here.

We're ArmyRanger.com, we're here to help.
HHC 1/75 '92
OIF 07-09
197th STC (SO)(A)-present

Sua Sponte!

Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent - that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman and loves only a warrior.
Friedrich Nietzsche

Return to “Letters from School”