Introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

vwjustin

Post by vwjustin »

das wrote:Welcome. I am a little curious why you jumped into the ant pile. Was it an accident?
No. We were doing pushups. In my position in the formation, I was usually near an ant pile. I had been stung almost every day for two months. The allergy just took time to build up.
Vee
Ranger

Post by Vee »

Waah.
RSD 96-99
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Vee wrote:Waah.
Bee nice...Oops freudian slip
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Vee
Ranger

Post by Vee »

Baaa.
RSD 96-99
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

vwjustin wrote:
das wrote:Welcome. I am a little curious why you jumped into the ant pile. Was it an accident?
No. We were doing pushups. In my position in the formation, I was usually near an ant pile. I had been stung almost every day for two months. The allergy just took time to build up.
Yer fuckin' stupid...arentcha?
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
vwjustin

Post by vwjustin »

Silverback wrote:
Sir,

I wanted to train, and expressed this whenever asked about it, but no one had a choice. All I can do is get the allergy fixed and go back.
BattleBoar
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by BattleBoar »

vwjustin wrote:
I can't believe I'm wasting my 100th post on this.

You need to get to an allergist and determine if the problem is taken care of. You may be eligible for allergy-cessation therapy.

Knew a lieutenant in training who had a reaction to ant bites like the one you describe, plus anaphylactic shock. Went to Martin Army Hospital, got the treatment. He was supposedly "cured" of this allergy.

A few weeks later, he gets stung by a wasp or something. Here we go again. Anaphylaxis, hospital. This time they treat him--and the treatment is an injection of the venom so that your body fights it oncce and for all--and he goes into worse shock.

Got a permanent "no outside duty" profile. That's when they separated him. Except--and this is the weird part--allergies to venomous insects were a special little paragraph in the MED reg that said he wouldn't be medically boarded, but rather "administratively separated under some other provision." So we put him out EPTS (condition Existed Prior To Service).

So, if you can get yourself cured, then maybe you could come in, but if not, you'll have the same problem in the Army as you did in the Marines.

Oh yeah, welcome.
Ranger Class 4-95
82D ABN DIV: B/3-505 PIR 95-97
2ID, Korea: HHC/1-503 (AASLT) 97-98
3ID, Benning: A/1-30 IN (M) 02-03 (Incl OIF), HHC/3/3 ID (M) 01-02, 03-04
All other periods, sadly including the present: No Assigned Weapon
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

vwjustin wrote:
Silverback wrote:
Sir,

I wanted to train, and expressed this whenever asked about it, but no one had a choice. All I can do is get the allergy fixed and go back.
You didn't think to point out the fucking ant-pile?
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
vwjustin

Post by vwjustin »

Kilted Heathen wrote:
vwjustin wrote:
Yer fuckin' stupid...arentcha?
Yes, sir.
Vee
Ranger

Post by Vee »

SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Sorry KH.
RSD 96-99
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Vee wrote:SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Sorry KH.
up the fuck shut
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
vwjustin

Post by vwjustin »

Kilted Heathen wrote:
vwjustin wrote:
Silverback wrote: Bee nice...Oops freudian slip
Sir,

No one would've cared, sir.
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

vwjustin wrote:
Kilted Heathen wrote:
vwjustin wrote: Sir,

Say Sir one more fucking time...Go ahead say sir!
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
vwjustin

Post by vwjustin »

BattleBoar wrote:
vwjustin wrote:
I can't believe I'm wasting my 100th post on this.

You need to get to an allergist and determine if the problem is taken care of. You may be eligible for allergy-cessation therapy.

Knew a lieutenant in training who had a reaction to ant bites like the one you describe, plus anaphylactic shock. Went to Martin Army Hospital, got the treatment. He was supposedly "cured" of this allergy.

A few weeks later, he gets stung by a wasp or something. Here we go again. Anaphylaxis, hospital. This time they treat him--and the treatment is an injection of the venom so that your body fights it oncce and for all--and he goes into worse shock.

Got a permanent "no outside duty" profile. That's when they separated him. Except--and this is the weird part--allergies to venomous insects were a special little paragraph in the MED reg that said he wouldn't be medically boarded, but rather "administratively separated under some other provision." So we put him out EPTS (condition Existed Prior To Service).

So, if you can get yourself cured, then maybe you could come in, but if not, you'll have the same problem in the Army as you did in the Marines.

Oh yeah, welcome.
Sir,

The doctor told me immunotherapy would take a few years, but it would most likely be successful.
BattleBoar
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by BattleBoar »

vwjustin wrote:
Kilted Heathen wrote:
vwjustin wrote: Sir,

Oh, in that case, shut the fuck up.
Ranger Class 4-95
82D ABN DIV: B/3-505 PIR 95-97
2ID, Korea: HHC/1-503 (AASLT) 97-98
3ID, Benning: A/1-30 IN (M) 02-03 (Incl OIF), HHC/3/3 ID (M) 01-02, 03-04
All other periods, sadly including the present: No Assigned Weapon

Return to “Introduction Archive”