How I shot and missed

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
Blacksrt4
Tadpole

Post by Blacksrt4 »

Well according to AKO I am going to the 82nd. I tried everything to get back into the next RIP class but one of the spec4's told me its just not gunna happan, and that I should come back in the 6 months (more like 8 he said). I am still very determined to become a Ranger simply for the fact of how god damn professional they are. I have worked under many Rangers here at the 75th RTD and it never gets easier knowing that your chance is gone, even as one of the world wide class leaders. All in all I can say to DEP's BE SURE YOU CAN DO 70%, dont think that what your leg DS counted as 70% is going to cut it at the 75th, cuz it wont.
toad
Ranger

Post by toad »

Blacksrt4 wrote: All in all I can say to DEP's BE SURE YOU CAN DO 70%.
FUCK THAT!!!! ONE HUNDRED PERCENT AND THEN SOME.
Cco 3/75th 2nd plt wpns sqd 87-89
RS 8-88
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

you guys better go to Division and do great things.

Then go back and earn your place among the Rangers of today.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

toad wrote:
Blacksrt4 wrote: All in all I can say to DEP's BE SURE YOU CAN DO 70%.
FUCK THAT!!!! ONE HUNDRED PERCENT AND THEN SOME.
Exactly what the fuck are you talking about 70%!?! 82nd Standards and Ranger Standards are NOT the SAME? I don't give a fuck what they may say, don't get me wrong the 82nd has a very strong and fine tradition, but they're not the Rangers. Good luck if you get deployed to the 82nd Blacksrt4, I remember you went you first came in and Ranger Vee and I smoked you (you never did complete the writing assignment we gave you). But now that you've gotten a small taste of what being a Ranger is all about, I hope you take that knowledge and return to complete your mission.
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:

Return to “Letters from School”