Phulano in Q Course holding pattern

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
Earthpig
Ranger

Phulano in Q Course holding pattern

Post by Earthpig »

Phulano sent me the following:
Its tough. I broke my ankle in phase 1A of the Q and got recycled. I spent the past two months in phys therapy rehabing the break and torn ligaments. It has kinda sucked. I'm set to restart the course on March 29th. The good news is my time here and what i've done so far shows me that theres nothing here I cant do, so I'm motivated and can deal with the suck a lot easier knowing that the prize is attainable and not just a pipe dream.

I havent run in 2 months, so the next month i'm starting to run again. I ran 1/4 mile today and it went alright so day after tomorrow i'll do 1/2 a mile. I know this doesent sound like anything, but its a huge improvement in a short period of time. I have a pretty serious injury, but have made pretty marked progress. Normally injuries like mine result in getting dropped from the course at the least. I got "saved" by an SF Medic and SF PA when they saw that I was still trying to finish out the course as injured as I was. They went to bat for me and later saved me from two medical boards by speaking on my behalf. I owe those guys everything.

All and all I love it here. Its laid back and focused on real shit, unlike the training I got from mother army before I got here. Its the real deal and I love it. Injuries are discouraging, but normal and somewhat unavoidable. Just have to hope to be kept around and drive on when they say go.

Hope you are doing well

Best regards,

Phulano

P.S. oh yea - I work in the Med-Shed(aidstation), and thats one of the reasons i've been able to stay. I'm getting great medic training, which will help prepare me for the SF medical course that i'll get to in the fall sometime.
Phulano-

Sure sorry to hear about the injury. Sounds like it's barely slowed you down. You're obviously impressing people there, or the PA and the Medic wouldn't have pulled the strings they did....seriously! Heal up and finish the course. You're gonna earn that Green Beret...I just know it.

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Bell

Post by Bell »

Yer doing good. You've gotten a grand chance to excel. Smoke this thing.

RLTW
Bell
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Phulano in Q Course holding pattern

Post by Steadfast »

EarthPig wrote:Phulano sent me the following:
Its tough. I broke my ankle in phase 1A of the Q and got recycled. I spent the past two months in phys therapy rehabing the break and torn ligaments. It has kinda sucked. I'm set to restart the course on March 29th. The good news is my time here and what i've done so far shows me that theres nothing here I cant do, so I'm motivated and can deal with the suck a lot easier knowing that the prize is attainable and not just a pipe dream.

I havent run in 2 months, so the next month i'm starting to run again. I ran 1/4 mile today and it went alright so day after tomorrow i'll do 1/2 a mile. I know this doesent sound like anything, but its a huge improvement in a short period of time. I have a pretty serious injury, but have made pretty marked progress. Normally injuries like mine result in getting dropped from the course at the least. I got "saved" by an SF Medic and SF PA when they saw that I was still trying to finish out the course as injured as I was. They went to bat for me and later saved me from two medical boards by speaking on my behalf. I owe those guys everything.

All and all I love it here. Its laid back and focused on real shit, unlike the training I got from mother army before I got here. Its the real deal and I love it. Injuries are discouraging, but normal and somewhat unavoidable. Just have to hope to be kept around and drive on when they say go.

Hope you are doing well

Best regards,

Phulano

P.S. oh yea - I work in the Med-Shed(aidstation), and thats one of the reasons i've been able to stay. I'm getting great medic training, which will help prepare me for the SF medical course that i'll get to in the fall sometime.
Phulano-

Sure sorry to hear about the injury. Sounds like it's barely slowed you down. You're obviously impressing people there, or the PA and the Medic wouldn't have pulled the strings they did....seriously! Heal up and finish the course. You're gonna earn that Green Beret...I just know it.

RLTW
EP

EP my brother, thank you for posting this letter from Phulano. It is one of the best letters I have read on this site.

Phulano,

Even when yo think you are alone and trying your damnedest there are others alongside of you that notice when you go the extra mile. Remember this as you go on and have need to take care of the man next to you. Heal young man and then drive on again.

RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
fireranger
Ranger

Post by fireranger »

Good luck Brother. Second chances like that don't come often.
3 rd. Plt. C Co. 2/75 1993-1997, RS 10-94 (Navigators)

But, I'm funny how? Funny like a clown? I amuse you? I make you laugh? I'm here to fuckin' amuse you?
blueskiesalways
Ranger Mom

Post by blueskiesalways »

Good Luk...

It's hard to beat a person who never gives up.
-Babe Ruth, baseball
Mom - One former 1/75 Ranger warrior......One current 3/75 Ranger warrior

Return to “Letters from School”