Need some help from a current RIP instructor.

Experiences of those who wear/wore the scroll.
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Sounds like you have a problem at hand. First off, if you cannot check his file because there isn't a 201 anymore then you need to go to his OMPF online at AKO. That OMPF includes every set of orders, enlistment contract, awards and medical history. That will give you the full scoop on him. I believe that you have to be a 1SG or above to request it, but it will be granted and you should have access to his records in 24 hours.

If it turns out that he is a "legitimate" RIP quitter (funny that anyone would pose falling out of RIP) then you might have an asset at you hands. When I went down the road I despised all of the "legs" because they couldn't get anything straight, sucked at PT, couldn't shoot and were generally all fucked up. But I truly despised the fucking RIP quitters, and would you know, I have 5 of them in my platoon and two in my squad. Once I got done "punishing" these guys, I started kicking the shit out of them training wise and gaev them a little bit of a taste on what they missed out on. After a while, I realized that these guys were coming around a full 180 and were actually getting way stronger, knowledgable and amazingly enough starting to develop pride in their appearance and started out-performing every one of their peers in the company. I couldn't believe it and sat down and talked to them during their monthly counseling sessions and when we would go out on road marches. The problem had been that since they had quit RIP, everyone they came across had treated them like shit, even some fucking dirtbags who didn't have the balls to ever fucking go to RIP themselves. I guess I had the credibility to hammer them in their eyes, but also the right attitude as I explained the concept of being part of a Team and that everyone is important to the success or failure thereof. Well it must have clicked, cause I had 300's all the way across the Squad, had 5 new EIB's, and a bunch of motivated guys who would perform just as well as any team of Rangers. Why? Because they got confident.

One thing that a lot of people fail to realize is that there are some guys who just aren't made/ready for it. They are mentally weak when they get there and they quit. Usually these guys are 18 years old, have been in the Army for less than 6 months and they just don't have the drive that got us through it. Later on in life, some of them come around a full 180 because they realize what they missed out on and they go on to SF, back to RIP, or they make up for it in other ways.

If you find out this kid is a liar and never went, then you might have to UCMJ that ass for lying to a NCO. Open his eyes to reality.

If he is "legit" then have a talk with him and be cool. Lose the rank for a couple minutes, have a smoke with the kid or a dip or whatever and see what his deal is. He might be really open once he doesn't get a hole stomped in his ass every day.

Out!

PS: break, break.......he can always post on here too. I'll talk to him if no one else will!
CAD424
Embryo

Post by CAD424 »

Ranger Matador,

Thank you for your response. This kid never said he failed but rather that he got injured during RIP. There is no break in time from his unit that he was with. It looks like he might have gond TDY and return to RIP. Is this right? It doesn't sound right to me. Usually I would just say fuck it and not worry about if the Soldier was worth a damn, but this kid has some issues with respect. There just seems to be alot of gaps in his story. He's an admin guy and he's telling stories and all this. He has a complex. I don't know why people do that. Just like those fucksticks that get promoted every time they leave post. He claims to not have any documented paper work from his time at RIP. This just doesn't seem right to me. I apologize for the lack on organization in this post, but I'm having one of those days. Thanks again, Ranger Matador.
It doesn't take a Ranger to know that Rangers lead the way!
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

CAD424 wrote:Ranger Matador,

Thank you for your response. This kid never said he failed but rather that he got injured during RIP. There is no break in time from his unit that he was with. It looks like he might have gond TDY and return to RIP. Is this right? It doesn't sound right to me. Usually I would just say fuck it and not worry about if the Soldier was worth a damn, but this kid has some issues with respect. There just seems to be alot of gaps in his story. He's an admin guy and he's telling stories and all this. He has a complex. I don't know why people do that. Just like those fucksticks that get promoted every time they leave post. He claims to not have any documented paper work from his time at RIP. This just doesn't seem right to me. I apologize for the lack on organization in this post, but I'm having one of those days. Thanks again, Ranger Matador.
When push comes to shove you as a Sergeant have two options.

1. Train the soldier to standard
2. Facilitate his removal from the service

Any information you may glean from this site would not change this soldier's situation at all. If he's a turd flush him (If it is beyond your ability to retrain him).
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

I did not see all of that. In this case, I would have to agree with Silverback. I kicked one guy out of the service for being worthless and if you cannot train them, then you just have to make a paperpile on this guy. The counseling statement holds quite a bit of power!
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

Silverback wrote:
CAD424 wrote:Ranger Matador,

When push comes to shove you as a Sergeant have two options.

1. Train the soldier to standard
2. Facilitate his removal from the service

Any information you may glean from this site would not change this soldier's situation at all. If he's a turd flush him (If it is beyond your ability to retrain him).
you see this says it all. YOU ARE AN NCO. no fucking shitbag should ever not do anything you say. write it down and recommend some UCMJ.

tell turd breath to open his fucking AKO and YOU pull his ERB. if he has anything remotely resembling service in the 75th it will be there.

if not cut his fucking balls off.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
panzer275
Ranger

paper work

Post by panzer275 »

When you leave airborne school for RIP you still get orders assigning you to the 75th regiment for "Ranger training". The point is there is a paper trail somewhere if you really want to find it. We had a dude who got RFS'd and went to his new unit. Met a team leader in the unit who said the dude still wore his Tan Beret at night in the barracks and said he got RFM'd for bad ears. The point is he owns the beret and lives in a fatasy world that you can't take away from him. Just like the guy who hooks up with all the hot chicks he tells you about but you've never seen him with anything but the grenade. Personally though, I would rip the Scroll off and then fuck his mother and leave it on her night stand for his father to find.
"the dude abides"

Class 03/03 (First Easy Class)
1st Plt Bco 2/75 The Mighty Sea Bass
10/SEP/01-17/JAN/05
95th (IT) 1/414 USAR E Co
18/JAN/05-Forever
panzer275
Ranger

There is a difference

Post by panzer275 »

This guy is posing as a wannabe. He is not trying to show support, he is trying to make him self look good in some weird way.
"the dude abides"

Class 03/03 (First Easy Class)
1st Plt Bco 2/75 The Mighty Sea Bass
10/SEP/01-17/JAN/05
95th (IT) 1/414 USAR E Co
18/JAN/05-Forever
ANGRYCivilian
Tadpole

Post by ANGRYCivilian »

Sapper's correct. Even if you don't have OPT40, while in BAC, the blackhats come around and tell everyone that there will be a RIP orientation and that guys with combat mos's can get signed up for RIP. It's like SFAS, the RIP orders just overcede your current orders. Then, as soon as BAC graduation is over, the RIP instructors bring a cattle-car up to the shitty, old BAC barracks and tear the fuck out of all the privates and specs that signed up for RIP and ram them into the cattle-car. :twisted:
St Barbara's Bastards
82C1P

"Parole officer says I gotta upgrade, or he won't give me back my stabbin' knife!"~Roberto
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Post by The Holmchicken »

This SGT states that he's a PAC NCO and can't get the proper info on the kid. Hmmm.....Assuming that other channels have failed, you can always just have this kid print out a copy of his ERB from AKO. ERB (Enlisted Record Brief) replaced the 201 File for all who don't konw. Anyways, have the kid go onto AKO, be there with him and have him print out his ERB and then have a look at his OMPF online. His OMPF should have all of his orders for awards etc. If that doesn't work, well, I don't know what else. Maybe SIDPERS.
2/75 97-00

It's not that I'm lazy........it's that I don't care

75th RRA
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

The Holmchicken wrote:This SGT states that he's a PAC NCO and can't get the proper info on the kid. Hmmm.....Assuming that other channels have failed, you can always just have this kid print out a copy of his ERB from AKO. ERB (Enlisted Record Brief) replaced the 201 File for all who don't konw. Anyways, have the kid go onto AKO, be there with him and have him print out his ERB and then have a look at his OMPF online. His OMPF should have all of his orders for awards etc. If that doesn't work, well, I don't know what else. Maybe SIDPERS.
OMPF will not have orders for units it is only Med records, awards, NCOER's and disciplinary actions. Holmchicken is right though in checking his ERB.
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

He's your fuckin' problem now.
You can't discipline the kid and so you want to fuck him over the internet?
Is that easier than training him to standard?
He's comparing you to NCO's that he has so far seen.
I hope you're not using our forum for some cyber revenge because he seen you fall out of a pt run.
Did they teach this shit at PLDC?
He may need his nuts crushed...don't expect us to take up your slack.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!

Return to “75th Ranger Regiment Public Forum”