ALEX....

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
hit_it
Paratrooper

ALEX....

Post by hit_it »

HERE YOU GO:
do you have a picture of what the SF contract would look like, so I could print it out and take to my recruiter to make sure I get what I want, I havent decided between Ranger or SF, but the guy is tell me that I need to just go infantry then I will get Ranger later. But from reading this site over and over, I know thats not what I need to do.

Any ideas on what to do about making sure I get an option 40 or 18x in my contract, I would either be going to the Memphis or Littlerock place for pysical and to talk with guidence counsilor.

Any help is appreciated, I am going to go talk with the recruiter again today, so please reply if you can

Peace
Alex
Now, Alex.....

you caught yourself earlier and apologized. Good for you.

TOO LATE, THOUGH.

however, you have a good question and I will attempt to get you a copy of a 18X reservation and post it along with the OPT40 reservation.

You, however, will execute 500 pushup upon reading this post. you have until 1700 tommorrow to reply back that they are done.

ANY 18X DEP:

scan and post a copy of your reservation. take out your name and social security number.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

well it seems no one will step forward. fucking DEPS. and you wonder why all the heat is heading you guys way......

i'll post an example when you respond back about your pushups.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
ArkansasAlex
Embryo

ouch

Post by ArkansasAlex »

SFC hit_it, Since I wont be online later tonight I will just post this now. I havent completed all 500, but I have already done 385 so far.

I hope you can get an example of the contract

Thanks
Alex
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

give me your email.

my photo host is fucking up but i have it on my HD to upload right now for every one to use.

I'll email it to you. your post it on here.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

here you go:
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
ArkansasAlex
Embryo

wow

Post by ArkansasAlex »

Thank you SFC Hit_it, I have completted my 500 now and greatly appreciate you helping out. One last question, why is his enlistment bonus at 20k, is that the norm, or was it just when they didnt have as many people who wanted to do it? I did notice there was some stuff about the bonus at the top, but I couldnt read it.

Thanks
Alex
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

it comes down to whatever bonus is open for that MOS at that time.

this person also had some college with gave him an additional bonus (HI-GRAD) and it came up to 20K total.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Probably the number of years also.

SFC Hit_it: Are all the SF Baby contracts of 6 years duration?

I know the training cycle is something like 18-24 months depending on MOS so that sounds not unreasonable considering the investment the government is making in each potential SF soldier.
ArkansasAlex
Embryo

Post by ArkansasAlex »

I know nothing, and I know this. But the recruiter I talk to said 5 years minimum inlistment. I have 2 years college so maybe that will help on the bonus, should I ask about the "Hi-Grad" thing next time I chat with him?

Thanks
Alex
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

SFC Hit_it: Are all the SF Baby contracts of 6 years duration?
minimum 5 like was said. but i can tell you that you will sign a 6 year contract because that's what USAREC and SF command agreed on, Ranger Spartan .
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
ArkansasAlex
Embryo

Post by ArkansasAlex »

Thanks for your help SFC Hit-it.

Alex
SRR2R
Tadpole

Post by SRR2R »

SFC Hit_It,

What is the minimum enlistment for Opt. 40 contract? I have searched the site with no luck, though I see the typical enlistment is four years. Does the minimum vary according to MOS? Particularly, I'm curious about 91W. I have asked recruiters and have heard several different answers, and none of them were "sure" at all. ie, "Yeah, I think if you want opt. 40, you hafta enlist for so-and-so number or years...."

Thanks.
"Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier..." - Samuel Johnson

From the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and violent men take it by force.
-Matthew 11:12
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

you will enlist for 4 years.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
SRR2R
Tadpole

Post by SRR2R »

SFC Hit_It, thank you for the response.
"Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier..." - Samuel Johnson

From the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and violent men take it by force.
-Matthew 11:12

Return to “Recruitment Process”