old fart enlisting

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
hbe3812
Embryo

old fart enlisting

Post by hbe3812 »

My apologizes to the RANGER GODS. Now that I got my head out of my ass let me make the proper intro.

Gents, I have served in the national guard for 12 years I am in my early thities. Not one day of my service was active I am not proud of this and would like to do my part. I am airborne qualified and have srved inlight infantry and LRS units. Currently I am working as acontractor in afghanistan, bu this is not enough. I am considering going active I am intersted in a RANGER or 11Xairborne contract. I don't know what will be open to me, but if I don't try I will never know. Any advice would be greatlt appreciated.
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

you say early thirties....

how old are you? you never served active, so if you're 35 you're too old.

see if the NG SF groups can take you.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
hbe3812
Embryo

Post by hbe3812 »

Ijust turned 31 I know that's inder the cut off age. IF I go NG SF I will the next two years in school. Ijust want to do my part. Years from now when my son asks "Dad what did you do in war on terror"? Iwant to look him in the eye and be proud of what I am telling him about.
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

YOU CAN JOIN. but your chances of an option 40 are slim to none.

you need to get a DD form 368 signed by the first 0-6 in your chain.

go see a recruiter to get started.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
John503
Ranger

Old Fart

Post by John503 »

Hey Old Fart I know you want to do your part but at 31 unless you are a stud maxing your PT on the extended scale and running in the 1200's don't bother... I know that sounds negative but it is true, with no active duty time you are way behind the power curve. You will have young 20 year old studs in charge of you on your A%^ every day. The NG is nothing like serving in the real Special Ops World. Sorry to be so negative but it may be a reality check :shock:
Class 9-91
90-93 Cco. 2/27 Wolfhound
93-95 6th MI LRSD
95-97 Bco 2/75 Ranger Battalion
RLTW!
Bell

Re: Old Fart

Post by Bell »

John503 wrote:Hey Old Fart I know you want to do your part but at 31 unless you are a stud maxing your PT on the extended scale and running in the 1200's don't bother... I know that sounds negative but it is true, with no active duty time you are way behind the power curve. You will have young 20 year old studs in charge of you on your A%^ every day. The NG is nothing like serving in the real Special Ops World. Sorry to be so negative but it may be a reality check :shock:
John, go make an introduction like the rest of us.

RLTW
Bell

Return to “Recruitment Process”