Back for Exodus

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
Gravity Man
Ranger

Re: Back for Exodus

Post by Gravity Man »

T Kim wrote:And a tip for DEPs waiting to ship out soon: Don't believe a word you hear from other privates or even most of the drill sergeants. Rumors run rampant here; if it sounds like BS, it is BS.
Very true words. The majority of Drill Sergeants that were asked something about Ranger contracts went something like this:

DS Snuffy: "After you complete Airborne, you'll go to Ranger school/after RIP you go to Ranger school/etc"

Me: "God, he doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about."
Pvt Jackass: "He's a DS, man! He knows a lot more than you!"
Me: "Whatever.....don't research what you wannabe."

Also, most of the NCOs talk very ill about Rangers so much its just retarded. "hardheaded, stupid, idiots, retards, etc"

"I completed RIP after going in with a 297 but I said fuck you because I don't need that shit and I don't want that shit. It's not for me."

You'll notice that most of the people talking the most shit about Iraq/A-stan have NO CIB or combat patch. GODDAMN WINDOW LICKERS....... :evil:
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

T Kim wrote:We do at least double of what the other platoons do for PT, which I don't mind at all. While the other platoons watched movies and relaxed in their bays yesterday, we were doing bear crawls, crabwalks, pushups, flutterkicks, and all that good stuff in our Class A's (with the trenchcoats + gloves).
Awesome report, T Kim! Those other platoons are watching you in absolute amazement, when you guys are out doing that extra training....I guarantee you. Use their envy to fuel your own inner strength. If you make it to Bat, that kind of thing will become the norm. When you do your runs, other units won't even be able to look you in the eye as you pass them. If you end up at 2nd Bat and go to the field in the winter, the other units will stand there with their jaws on the ground as you maneuver past them in the snow, wearing your summer BDU's (they'll all be wearing Mickey Mouse acrtic boots, parkas, helmet liners, etc, and will all be hunkered around huge deisel heaters). You have to admit, it felt good going the extra mile, didn't it? The other platoons look at you guys different....and they should.

Enjoy a relaxing Christmas with your family. Be safe , responsible, and try to fit a little PT in. Then go back to Benning and finish what you started. You just might make it. :wink:

RLTW
EP
Last edited by Earthpig on December 19th, 2004, 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Bell

Post by Bell »

Great SITREP. Keep em coming. Now go smoke yourself.

RLTW
Bell
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Glad to hear from you T Kim. Enjoy your holidays. Then get back to work at the shop, eh? :lol:
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rgrpuck »

Gravity Man wrote:
T Kim wrote:And a tip for DEPs waiting to ship out soon: Don't believe a word you hear from other privates or even most of the drill sergeants. Rumors run rampant here; if it sounds like BS, it is BS.
Very true words. The majority of Drill Sergeants that were asked something about Ranger contracts went something like this:

DS Snuffy: "After you complete Airborne, you'll go to Ranger school/after RIP you go to Ranger school/etc"

Me: "God, he doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about."
Pvt Jackass: "He's a DS, man! He knows a lot more than you!"
Me: "Whatever.....don't research what you wannabe."

Also, most of the NCOs talk very ill about Rangers so much its just retarded. "hardheaded, stupid, idiots, retards, etc"

"I completed RIP after going in with a 297 but I said fuck you because I don't need that shit and I don't want that shit. It's not for me."

You'll notice that most of the people talking the most shit about Iraq/A-stan have NO CIB or combat patch. GODDAMN WINDOW LICKERS....... :evil:
The curse of being a Ranger. Every one hates you because you have steeped up to something they can never be or even understand. I love it
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Operation Just Cause (Dec- Jan 89)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan-aug '03)
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Jan- July "04)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan 07- Jan 08 )
Operation Enduring Freedom (Aug 09- Jan 10 )
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

Thanks for the sitrep, T-Kim. You've got a big cheering section here. We're all betting you go all the way.
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
Vee
Ranger

Post by Vee »

Great report, T Kim.

Everyone that looks at you funny, or smarts off to you, or talks bad about Rangers or the decision you made does so for one reason only:

They're jealous.

And that includes the Drills. They know that even if you don't make it you have more balls than them because at least you had the courage to try.

Take it all in. All the harrassment, all the smoking, all the bad attitudes. Everything everyone throws at you. Then turn it into positive energy. It works.

Have a great Christmas.

Then drive on. 8)
RSD 96-99
Jesture
Embryo

Post by Jesture »

T Kim...cake is evil!!! Your situation sounds similar to mine. I am also in Fco 2/54. In fact I seem to remember being scuffed in my As for an entire day. Sounds like 4th platoon to me. We do what we want, yay for 4th. I think you know who I am too considering my bunk is right next to you. Good to see someone I know on these boards. In case you dont know who this is, I'm the most motivated of the few non SF/Ranger contracts. Out.
A lowly depper...
deleon275
Ranger

Post by deleon275 »

Grah! I can't believe I missed this post. Been waiting for TKim to get back and figured he was so high speed he skipped exodus and stayed back in Benning for whatever crazy reason.

I'm gonna write him ASAP and see how hes doing. Looks like the young soldier has his shit all squared away though.
"When you look at this final agreement that we came to with the White House, I got 98 percent of what I wanted. I’m pretty happy." John Boehner

''If we took away the minimum wage — if conceivably it was gone — we could potentially virtually wipe out unemployment completely because we would be able to offer jobs at whatever level.''
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Glad to hear from you TKim. You using an ace bandage on that knee?. Hope it holds out for all of your training bud. Drive on.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4

Return to “Letters from School”