How I RENO'd and Lost My Option 40

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
Thetimehascome
Tadpole

How I RENO'd and Lost My Option 40

Post by Thetimehascome »

20050707 - SHIP DATE - 11X OPT. 40
20050715 - OSUT START
20051024 - AIRBORNE START
20051219 - APPROX. RIP GRAD DATE

May be shipping in Feb. tring to get it changed.

I consider myself lucky to be serving the cause of liberty, and though I fear death, each day in prayer I reaffirm my willingness if necessary to give my life in its service. Pray for me, but above all, pray for the cause.-The Patriot
Bell

Post by Bell »

Thetimehascome wrote:20050707 - SHIP DATE - 11X OPT. 40
20050715 - OSUT START
20051024 - AIRBORNE START
20051219 - APPROX. RIP GRAD DATE

May be shipping in Feb. tring to get it changed.
Are you aware you could lose your Option 40? Why hurry? You've got it. Ride it. If you can change it and keep the Option 40, then good luck.

RLTW
Bell
Thetimehascome
Tadpole

Post by Thetimehascome »

Yes Ranger Bell that was a condition I talked about with my Recruiter, I go to MEPS on Wend.
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

Thetimehascome wrote:Yes Ranger Bell that was a condition I talked about with my Recruiter, I go to MEPS on Wend.
dumbass. you have been warned.

don't come crying if it doesn't work out.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
Thetimehascome
Tadpole

Post by Thetimehascome »

Ranger bell, I just got back from MEPS and they told me that there were no OPT 40 available but I could still go Airborne, I said thank you for tring and left. I was never going to give my contact up,was tring to get it for earlier ship date. But on the drive back it came to me that waiting would be the best anyway for conditioning reasons,and I have alot yet to learn.

Thank you for taking time out of your day to guide me.
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

i should split this and put in into my forum.

this is an example of the risk you take when you try to reno.

if you got the contract you want, don't get impatient and risk losing it.

now, did the counselor not explain to you that when you reno your contract is put back into the pool so you can look at another one?

that's why the risk is so big. the minute your contract is back on the big screen, someone else can pick it up. then you lose twice.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
Thetimehascome
Tadpole

Post by Thetimehascome »

No I didn't get that information I was told that he would see if any slots were available with out changing mine, I was real firm that I did not want my current to be in jeopordy. I dont think he felt like messing with it myself. I have the same contract that I had when I signed. My recruiter didn't even have me projected at MEPS today.
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

you don't have to project for a reno.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
SLEDGE HAMMER
Ranger

Post by SLEDGE HAMMER »

So you lost your contract? If so, let me know what you have now, so I can update the DEP Roster..thanks.
First Batt, Best Batt 09-12
Bell

Post by Bell »

Ball Peen Hammer wrote:So you lost your contract? If so, let me know what you have now, so I can update the DEP Roster..thanks.
Pay attention to detail BPH. Read it again.

RLTW
Bell
SLEDGE HAMMER
Ranger

Post by SLEDGE HAMMER »

Bell wrote:
Ball Peen Hammer wrote:So you lost your contract? If so, let me know what you have now, so I can update the DEP Roster..thanks.

RLTW
Bell
Ranger Bell I did, but I got a little thrown off by the new title of the thread.
First Batt, Best Batt 09-12
Bell

Post by Bell »

Ball Peen Hammer wrote:
Bell wrote:

RLTW
Bell
Ranger Bell I did, but I got a little thrown off by the new title of the thread.
Did I hear a damned excuse? You got thrown off? How? You didn't read it. Don't get thrown off again.

RLTW
Bell

Return to “Recruitment Process”