In a little trouble.

Caring for the warriors: How medics contribute to mission accomplishment.
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

When ever i run it feels like it's on fire, when I'm just standing around it goes numb but either way I'm limping like a bitch on runs and I can't even wear my civilian shoes.
I dont know . It sounds like you need it looked at, but I understand what you are afraid of. You have to figure this one out on your own. If you are hurt you are hurt. Good luck just the same.
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

Take 800mg of Motrin every 4 hours that should keep the swelling down and dull the pain. Ice it for 30 minutes every night and elevate it as much as possible.
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

Go on fucking sick call...better to get this shit fixed now instead of have it bite you in the ass at RIP.
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Glad to hear you got Delta...the Rock! 8) I'm certain you will be in RIP Holdover for a long time. From what we're hearing, guys are spending 4-5 weeks in Hold. If you can suck it up and make all 5 jumps, do it. Then go on Sick Call and use that Hold period to heal. If you can't make it any longer without negative lifelong effects, go to Sick Call now. Better to Re-Cycle Jump School, than to get medically discharged and be a cripple the rest of your life. As Flesh Thorn pointed out...this one is going to have to be your own choice, as none of us are in your shoes. Good luck to you.
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
ChipOnShoulder

Post by ChipOnShoulder »

Go to sick call. Ranger H8train's advice is the best but you don't want to go to RIP with anything fucked up. Trust me, I went just after a broken foot + jacked up knee and it was not fun. Hiding injuries is not a good idea, they can become worse and permanent. Motrin and Ice is good. Stay off of it as much as possible.
pjd
Ranger

Post by pjd »

I hid an injury for about 2 months and had to leave the Army because of it. Had I gone on sick call, there's a good chance I wouldn't have spent 8 months at Womack Army Medical Hospital before getting medically seperated. No way to know for sure, but I definately fucked myself up even worse by refusing to admit I was broke. Be smart about it - learn the difference between being hurt and injured. No one knows your body like you - use your brain and make a well thought out decision. Drive on through pain, you're going to have a lot of it on the road you're traveling - just remember:

There is a fine line between being HARD and being STUPID.

Know that line, and don't cross it.
A 1/75 Rgr Regt 96-97
1/503 Inf Regt (AASLT) 97-98
Broke Dick @ WAMC 98-99
Ranger2

Post by Ranger2 »

I hurt my achilles tendon and it was just a strain and it took a long time to heal. If you tear it you will be in cast for a hell of a long time and it may never heal right. Listen to what you have been told but you may have to deal with some pain for awhile. It will take rest to make it better.

Ranger2
CTIgrl
Tadpole

Post by CTIgrl »

I hurt my foot and hid it in boot camp and I wasn't even doing anything like RIP. I *still* have problems with it now because of how long I went without getting it fixed. I'd go get it looked at as soon as possible.
toad
Ranger

Post by toad »

I had a stress fracture in my leg after jump school and was a holdover at RIP for a month then got christmas leave. In January i was good to go and made it through no problem. I dont know if they still have holdovers in RIP, imagine they still do , so just take care of yourself then finish what you started!!!
Cco 3/75th 2nd plt wpns sqd 87-89
RS 8-88
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

I always avoided getting sprained ankles by landing repeatedly on my head. Oooow that hurts too. Now ya all kno why I CRS. :shock:
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Saltbitch

Post by Saltbitch »

Weidert wrote:thanks for the advice guys
Careful there, Airborne. Fuck up like that in RIP and someone's going to own your ass.

Return to “Medical Issues”