Unit transfer

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
purplehaze
USAR

Unit transfer

Post by purplehaze »

I am currently in Korea working at a replacement company. I have an Mos of 21W which is not even suppose to be in Korea, so I am stuck in an AG unit improcessing soldiers. A lot of shit goes on at this company that you wouldn't believe. Anyway I am trying get out asap, I already spoke to my commander, she told me that if I can find a unit that will accept me she will release me. I am jut wondering if anyone has any advice or has been in a similar situation. I told her that I would extend if I have too.

This company is not good for junior soldiers, for most of us it is our first duty station. For soldiers like me with a non personal mos it even worse because of the lack of training. I haven't been to Sargeant time in over 4 months, have done company pt maybe a total of 8 times in the past 5 months( I do realise that it my responsibility and need to do it on my own), and my pay has been fucked up or over six months. Even though it may seem like I'm bitching, I just tring to get to a better unit. I like to train and do PT so this job here is not for me. Right now my focus is on getting a slot in airborne school and getting assigned to an airborne unit.
14 Aug 2003 entered basic training Ft. Sill, 18 Dec 2003 graduated AIT.365 Eng BN Scranton PA. Enlisted active duty April 2004. Currently at 1RC Yongsan Korea. Rank PFC
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

Here's some advice.If you're in a shit unit you're in a shit unit.
Try not to air your units dirty laundry in such an open way.
Show some fuckin' loyalty.You're a 21w?Life is shit for your poor ass wherever you go!
Why are you asking us all these remf questions?
This isn't a remf site!
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
purplehaze
USAR

Post by purplehaze »

You are right Ranger Kilted Heathen I apologized it won't anymore.
14 Aug 2003 entered basic training Ft. Sill, 18 Dec 2003 graduated AIT.365 Eng BN Scranton PA. Enlisted active duty April 2004. Currently at 1RC Yongsan Korea. Rank PFC
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

I want you to understand that you're welcome here!
As long as you understand that there's some shit that we can't really relate to.Having a female CO,to me is funny as hell...I know that's a neanderthal point of view but I can't get over that shit. :D

I can understand your sentiments so let me try and offer you some advice for the New Year.

1.Don't run down your unit to other personnel that's like going to a job interview and bitching about your old boss.Even if your boss was a complete asshole bitching about him to a potential boss ain't gonna get you hired.
2.Find the unit you want to go to and go to the 1SG.NOT THE CO.The 1SG.
3.Make sure you understand the units' METL and your PT score is above 270.1SGs always like a good pt score.A shit pt score gets you no where but where you already are.
4.If you have convinced the 1SG he'll set up an interview with the CO.If the 1SG is convinced the CO will be too and they will write you a letter of acceptance.
5.Be prepared to skip around from Co to Bn getting approval but NEVER go directly to the CO's without first of all going through the 1SG or SGM.
6.Never tell Rangers your CO is female :wink:
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

P-Haze, you got some excellent advice from Ranger KH. You caught him on a good morning (his Guinness was watered down last night). Use his tips and I'm sure you'll be able to turn your career around. Good luck and Happy New Year!
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

i know for a fact that there is a heavy engineer company in korea. they may just happen to be in iraq right now.

anyhoo, your focus starts with you. work on your PT, and continue to motivate yourself internally. if you only have 6 months there, contact your branch manager and see where your going next. you may not be able to get some job knowledge right now, but there's no reason you can't be scoring a 300 on your APFT.

if i were you i'd take advantage of the down time. how many college courses have you taken? i bet none. you and everoyne else in the Army are going to be quite busy for the forseeable future. right now, you have an opportunity to do something alot of troops can't. go to school. you wasted half your time in korea and probably didn't take one fucking course.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
purplehaze
USAR

Post by purplehaze »

Thank you Ranger Kilted Heathen, Ranger EarthPig, and SFC hit_it and happy new year. I see your point about not bringing down my unit, I let my emtoions get the best of me and I wrote a little to much. I will follow your advice, Currently I am just trying to find somewere that I can go. Also I did plan on taking classes and was even registered but I was switched to a platoon that performs shiftwork and because of the mission I don't have time for school. If you think that a female Co is funny, the XO, 1sg, and ops sgt(currently acting 1sg) are all female.
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

did you ask not to go to that platon as you had already registered for school beforehand?

hell, it's not like that company is perfoming a combat no-fail mission.

just stay motivated, do your time in country and prepare to become a high speed mother fucker in the future.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg

Return to “Recruitment Process”