Ray80 sends some excellent advice to our DEPs

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
Blacksrt4
Tadpole

Post by Blacksrt4 »

Since we are all so open about our trash eating days, I have a OSUT trash eating short for you guys. I was on duty squad and had to police up the chow area, well the DS's left all the pizza boxes there. We checked all the boxes and nothing was in there. We got desperate and checked one already in a trash back...BINGO, half a pizza. There was about 12 of us and we all got a good little bit of it and it was cold and I think some of the others had some gator-raid on their piece, but damn that was some good shit.
Hoover
Ranger

Post by Hoover »

Job Well Done Ray,
To the rest of you Heed his words.
2/75 C Co. 81-84
Ranger Class 14-82
"Cry Havoc Let Slip The Dogs of War"
1st SPWAR Tng Bn (Abn) USAJFKSWCS 87'
RLTW !
Mentor to J.P. Deepwater
RIP Class 02-07
Ranger Class 09-07
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Good sitrep Ray. Drive on.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Gravity Man
Ranger

Re: Wise advice from Paratrooper BratAttack

Post by Gravity Man »

Ray80 wrote:
Paratrooper Brat Attack wrote:If any Depper is afraid of weight loss. No worries. Just eat everything and anything you can. Take peoples chow they don't want. Hell I ate from the trash when the DS's weren't looking. I gained 28lbs in OSUT. Just be sure to do PT at night because you don't get PT'd enough! PT PT and more PT. The rest is a breeze.....
-Matt
Oh man. So true about the chow, Paratrooper ArmyBrat. I was about to reccommend the exact same advice, but held off because I would be telling our brothers to eat out of the trash. Plus, you should have seen how sick I got when using the trash as a class I resupply AND an approved food source. :lol: The best was when you work duty squad and hold open the trash bags for the rest of the company.... waiting to snag two more trays of chow and a piece of cake. Oh yeah, volunteering to clean the chow hall on Sundays is always a great way to get the D-Fac workers to hook you up. :D The only other way is to become a chow thief, which is a violation of a couple of Army values.

Extra PT like you said has been the only way to go. There is basically no strength work in OSUT. It has been all endurance work. Since Exodus, I've brought myself back up to my fighting weight and feel a helluva lot stronger.

-Ray
Damn straight. I don't know how many times I've walked away during field chow with my cargo pockets, etc filled with bread and fruit to share w/ my battle buddy. You'll be surprised how quickly you lose your inhibitions with being clean and proper. Trash bags, the floor/ground....it doesn't matter. Food is merely fuel. Be practical and a thinker, it'll help you in the long run.

Return to “Letters from School”