Update

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
OoLiBaLL
USMC DEP

Update

Post by OoLiBaLL »

Update on my position:
I introduced myself on Nov 24th, and haven't posted since, just been taking time to read and think things over. I just got back from MEPS in Nashville this afternoon. I've got a 4 year Infantry contract with the Marine Corps. After Recruit Training, at the School of Infantry I'll get my shot at Force Recon indoc. I'm not shipping until 20050711 so I can finish up my second semester of college. Hard decisions have come to a close, not all I've got left is a shitload of hard PTing gettin ready, and the personal goal of keeping my GPA at around 3.5 for finishing college in the future. Thanks for all the advice and lessons from the board, and I'll continue checking in frequently.
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

Congratulations. Think you will like the Corp. If I had to do it all over again....Id still be a Ranger. :lol:
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

congrats, we'll get your status changed to "USMC DEP".

are you female? what kind of name is OOLIBELL? :shock:
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
OoLiBaLL
USMC DEP

Post by OoLiBaLL »

Thank you. I think I would love Ranger too. The deciding factor was simply that I don't know much about Force Recon whatsoever, have tried to do a shitload of research, and unfortunately I haven't found an amazing Recon site like you Rangers have here - but the mystery kind of has its own appeal. Another factor is the fact my father is a ret. Lt. Col. of the Army, and by going Marine Corps I will still hopefully honorably serve my country without being in his shadow - I'll get to go through my career on my own, if that makes any sense. I've grown up around Rangers, SF's, Deltoids, Seals.... dad never flew around Recon guys, Marines always had their own pilots, I don't know anything about them and have nothing to compare them to. OoLiBaLL is just a stupid name for computer shit (e.g. my AIM screenname) that goes way back, it has no meaning, and I am male. Thanks again for everything.
knightcat
Ranger

Post by knightcat »

OoLiBaLL wrote:Thank you. I think I would love Ranger too. The deciding factor was simply that I don't know much about Force Recon whatsoever, have tried to do a shitload of research, and unfortunately I haven't found an amazing Recon site like you Rangers have here - but the mystery kind of has its own appeal.
hmmm......I am a little confused by this response, but regardless, goodluck and don't quit.
You better pack a lunch......because I'll be hungry when I'm done beating your ass!!

RS class 05-06
28JUNE2005- R.I.P. brothers 146
C-1 Madslashers 2/75 (Sept. '04- Nov. '07)
RIP Sarn't Mac.....
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

Do you think Force Recon will be easier?
Good luck. :wink:
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
Kelly-Belly
Tadpole

Post by Kelly-Belly »

YEAH! ANOTHER MARINE CORPS DEPPER! LOL, I'm not the only one anymore! Hehehe :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Kelly

This should be you...that they call Incredible...
OoLiBaLL
USMC DEP

Post by OoLiBaLL »

The term "easier" never crossed my mind. There's no doubt both Force Recon and Ranger are extremely difficult, but they're different.
Phulano
Tadpole

Post by Phulano »

Have fun. Keep us informed - i'm curious to hear about the pipeline.
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Congrats on getting what you wanted and best of luck to you in reaching those dreams. Believe it or not we have a prior Force Recon/Ranger warrior on the board. I'll let him speak up on his own, so I don't refer potentially unwanted PMs his way. :wink: Never quit!
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

Just a hint.Work on your swimming!
By the way were you addressing me?
Maybe you got me mixed up with your old lady :?
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
mx6116
Embryo

ooliball

Post by mx6116 »

Congrats and good luck on becoming a Marine. You will enjoy your time there. I know I did.

mX6116
Bell

Post by Bell »

You've made the choice. Not do it. Sounds like it's what you've been looking for.

Keep us posted on your progress. It's great to get SITREPs from the guys going through the training. It's also amazing to see them progress and complete some of those courses. We're all proud of you guys. Drive on.

RLTW
Bell

Return to “Recruitment Process”