How you can help

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Julieanne
US Army Veteran

How you can help

Post by Julieanne »

Hey folks, decided to post this link up here.

http://www.army.mil/howyoucanhelp/

I actually took the time to look through the majority of them tonight. There is so much positive information, and opportunities for folks to step up, and contribute in so many different ways.

I understand that many of us here already send stuff off to those we know.. but, here is info that y'all can share, if the opportunity arises. 8)

Of course, some of you may already be aware of this link... if so... cool. :wink:
~Julie
XVIII ABN Corps, Desert Storm Jan '91-May'91
319th MI BN May '91-Sept '93

"With the power of conviction, there is no sacrifice."
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

Great post!
Before contributing Rangers, make sure any charitable organisation shows "transparency" in their funding formulas.
NPO status with the appropriate tax-exempt forms (IRS Form 90) should be clearly outlined on their web-sites.
The Wounded Warrior Foundation in particular is safe to donate to.
RLTW!
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Julie-
Thanks for posting that link. I took the liberty of censoring your post....I made it a STICKY. Hope that's cool with you. :wink:
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Bell

Post by Bell »

Thanks for the link Julieanne. Your support for the troops is outstanding. Your patriotism is showing. :D

RLTW
Bell
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

You did good Julieanne...give money Girl....dont make bagels! 8)
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
rum_snuggles

Post by rum_snuggles »

I don't know how I missed ever seeing this site, but thank you for the link. It's going to be very helpful. :D
23LRS
US Army Veteran

Post by 23LRS »

Wade wrote:This is a great spot to be able to help...by funding the donation of an "Every Soldier's Battle" kit to soldiers who have requested them.

http://www.everysoldiersbattle.com/kit.asp

The books are excellent. They center on how to live a spiritual life in the middle of our chaotic and often very un-spiritual world that we live in today. They are realistic; the authors are very common sense and down-to-earth with many real-life examples.

Great books and an excellent opportunity to help a soldier out!!!
I have read a few of these myself, they are definitely eye opening! They are a help to anyone struggling spiritually.
Riamh Nar dhruid O sbairn lan
(Never Retreat From The Clash of Spears)

9ID LRS 90-91
I CORPS LRS 91-93
A CO. 1/509 PIR 93-97
75TH RRA member

Praise be to the LORD my Rock,
who trains my hands for war,
my fingers for battle.
Psalm 144:1
Julieanne
US Army Veteran

Post by Julieanne »

OPERATION SPECIAL DELIVERY

Operation Special Delivery (or OSD) provides volunteer doulas for pregnant women whose husbands or partners are deployed at the time that they are due to give birth.

What is a doula? A doula is specially trained to give informational, emotional, and physical support to women during childbirth. A doula does not perform medical tasks, but is trained to provide uninterrupted support to a mother in labor.

Why military moms? Because OSD believes that no one should give birth without support, especially the women who are giving birth while these fathers are making such a great sacrifice for our country and our freedom. We just want to try to give back in appreciation.

http://www.operationspecialdelivery.com/index.htm
~Julie

Julieanne
US Army Veteran

Post by Julieanne »

Temparary Financial Assistance Grant / American Legion

Through TFA, a local post can call upon the national organization for cash assistance to help maintain the basic needs of veterans' children. The TFA fund has been used to assist families in meeting the costs of shelter, food, utilities and health expense items when the parents are unable to do so, thereby keeping the child, or children, in a more stable home environment.

Families may have a need for TFA when their soldier is called to State Active Duty and pay problems arise. Please be aware that there is assistance available if you have minors living at home.

Go to:

www.legion.org

Or contact your local American Legion Post
~Julie

Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Assistance is also available from the Army Emergency Relief (AER) fund. It can provide both grants and loans.

http://www.aerhq.org/
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
alexleon13
US Army Veteran

Post by alexleon13 »

you guys post some great links and resources for us to help in any way we can Thank you and I will check out as many as I can.
Graduate Ranger Class 7-87

'82-'83 1/58th Inf 197th Inf Bde
'83-'86 1/187th Inf 193rd Inf Bde Panama
'86-'89 5/187th and 1/187th Inf 101st Div
"89-'92 PLDC instructor and then 5/87th Inf 193rd Inf Bde Panama "Operation Just cause" (attached to the 7th Inf Div)

Return to “The Mosh Pit”