SERE during SFQC

An area to disuss Special Operations Training. Do not violate OPSEC
soldiersdad
Ranger Dad

SERE during SFQC

Post by soldiersdad »

Hi, Could anyone tell me if a soldier going thru SFQC has to complete the SERE training in PHASE11 if they have already completed a SERE course. Son completed SERE at Ft Rucker when assigned to the 1st Ranger Bn. thanks Soldiersdad
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Post by The Holmchicken »

If he has completed an accredited SERE Level C Course prior to attending SFQC, than he will not have to do it again. However, just to be sure, he should ask the cadre at SWC. The SERE at Rucker is a new one and if I remeber correctly, there are certain requirements that the SFQC requires that may not be covered by the Rucker course.
2/75 97-00

It's not that I'm lazy........it's that I don't care

75th RRA
soldiersdad
Ranger Dad

Post by soldiersdad »

Hi, Thanks Ranger Holmchicken, I am sure he knows whether his SERE course is aproved. I remeber it being a level C course and some of the things he went thru I can't imagine it not being accepted but I am just eager to find out He will be getting back to Bragg on the 23rd. thanks again, soldiersdad
whocares175
Ranger

Post by whocares175 »

unless it was the SERE course at bragg you have to do it again. a buddy of mine who is two classes in front of me went through multiple SERE courses in the air force as a Combat Controller, he still had to do the course here. the only guys i know of in the course that get to skip SERE are the ones that have done this specific course previously.
10th mountain division 2/22 scout plt 2002-04
1/75th Ranger Regt 2004-2006
Ranger school class 8-05
2008-2011-Q course
2011-present-10th Special Forces Group (A) Ft. Carson, CO
soldiersdad
Ranger Dad

Post by soldiersdad »

Hi, He has found out that he will not have to complete SERE again.
the
c course at Ft Rucker is accepted. thanks
soldiersdad
Ranger Dad

Post by soldiersdad »

Ranger Tenn-Ranger, He is in SUT at the moment, Whatever happens happens, if he has to complete SERE again, I am sure he will. He is going on what was told to him if it changes I am sure he will adapt. thanks Rucker is a C course just as intnese as Ft Bragg.(he was told)
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

whocares175 wrote:unless it was the SERE course at bragg you have to do it again. a buddy of mine who is two classes in front of me went through multiple SERE courses in the air force as a Combat Controller, he still had to do the course here. the only guys i know of in the course that get to skip SERE are the ones that have done this specific course previously.
Your buddy did not go through a Level "C" course. That's why he had to do it again.

Boots, boots, boots
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
soldiersdad
Ranger Dad

Post by soldiersdad »

thanks
whocares175
Ranger

Post by whocares175 »

Bravo57 wrote:
whocares175 wrote:unless it was the SERE course at bragg you have to do it again. a buddy of mine who is two classes in front of me went through multiple SERE courses in the air force as a Combat Controller, he still had to do the course here. the only guys i know of in the course that get to skip SERE are the ones that have done this specific course previously.
Your buddy did not go through a Level "C" course. That's why he had to do it again.

Boots, boots, boots
i know some of the SERE courses he went through...once he got done with all of phase 2 he said it was all the same as when the combat control course...to include SERE. oh well. i'll be there in january. just got done with CST and start SUT monday. just hope my heel heals. oh well, i got lots of mole skin and medical tape.
Ranger school class 8-05
2008-2011-Q course
whocares175
Ranger

Post by whocares175 »

Tenn-RGR wrote:
whocares175 wrote:
Bravo57 wrote: Your buddy did not go through a Level "C" course. That's why he had to do it again.

Boots, boots, boots
i know some of the SERE courses he went through...once he got done with all of phase 2 he said it was all the same as when the combat control course...to include SERE. oh well. i'll be there in january. just got done with CST and start SUT monday. just hope my heel heals. oh well, i got lots of mole skin and medical tape.
Shammer.. :lol:
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! jealous i got to do the easy part first?
Ranger school class 8-05
2008-2011-Q course
soldiersdad
Ranger Dad

Re: SERE during SFQC

Post by soldiersdad »

Hi, I started this topic a few months back and had mixed answers. I wanted to wait and find out for sure before I posted again. Phase II is just about over and SERE has started for the class. They did except the Class C level course at Ft Rucker so our soldier did not have to complete it again. Not sure if this will be same for all soldiers that have completed a SERE course before SFQC but our soldier it did. Thanks for all the replys. Soldiersdad
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

It is good we got this cleared up.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
CamoWamo
BANNED

Post by CamoWamo »

I heard SERE was Severe. Do they still beat you up in the course? I had a former co-worker who told me that they're authorized to break a bone in your body. He's a Veteran by-the-way , SF, 82nd. They broke one of his ribs in SERE in the 80's.
CamoWamo
BANNED

Post by CamoWamo »

Well the SERE Instructors broke one of his bones. No he didn't fall off a training obstacle. I guess SERE isn't exactly the same as back then. Army Basic isn't the same as it was just like even 2 months ago. I'm not implying anything . Just laughing.

Return to “Special Operations Training”